We are open for applications from 8 April to 15 August 2011. Please note that only online applications will be considered. The Absa Graduate Development Programme is a year-long development programme. Successful candidates will be offered full-time permanent employment with associated employee benefits.
Graduates will obtain behavioural skills training as well as technical development to gain the necessary skills and add value in challenging roles within the business, whilst enjoying all the privileges of being part of a larger “Graduate” community. Graduates also receive individual performance coaching and gain exposure to key business leaders within Absa as well as externally.
Training is provided to develop:
- Knowledge of the Absa business and the industry as a whole
- Product knowledge within specific Business Units
- Systems and technical job-related skills
- Leadership and self-management skills
- Customer centricity and related behavioural skills
The development environment
Absa supports the career development of its people. It strives to build a compelling and relevant talent-management proposition to afford employees a richer employee experience. The Group offers employee mentorship and coaching programmes, run by senior leaders who are committed to people development and helping employees reach their full potential.
Due to the sheer size and scope of its business, Absa is an organisation with a multitude of divisions and niche business units. We provide for a wide range of career choices, including (inter alia) banking, finance, financial management, internal audit, risk management, insurance, investment services, AgriBusiness, financial engineering, actuarial services, legal services, industrial engineering, strategy and planning, HR, IT, digital channels, logistics management, marketing, sales, communications and PR.
We employ graduates from various disciplines, including commerce and management, law, HR, risk management, industrial engineering, IT, actuarial science, financial engineering and applied sciences. There are internal development opportunities available to all staff to support skills development and internal mobility.
- B Degree or equivalent NQF level 6 qualification related to the Financial Services Industry, to be obtained before January 2012
- An aggregate achievement of at least 60% during the final year of under graduate studies
- No more than twenty four (24) months permanent work experience. (This excludes temporary work during full-time studies). Work experience is not a requirement
- Applicants must be a citizen of South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Nigeria or Botswana
- Other Foreign Nationals with Special Skills permits may also apply
Apply online for the Graduate Trainee position
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be invited to complete psychometric assessments. This invitation will be extended via e-mail and SMS (as per contact details provided in the relevant candidates’ online applications).
Short-listed candidates will be invited to face-to-face Group Assessments which will be held in Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Durban, Cape Town and Port Elizabeth
Further short-listed candidates will be invited for panel interviews with the hiring line managers
The final selection for the 2012 Graduate intake will then be made and all candidates will be informed of the outcome by 1 December 2011