Posted on :
12 Mar, 2014
24.com is looking for a go-getting intern to join our unique team for six months. If you’re ready to learn about brand building, website development, online marketing and social networking, and have a thirst for knowledge and a passion for our country, we need you!
The group operates several consumer related internet businesses. 24.com’s flagship site is News24 which is the largest local online destination. It is underpinned by an array of special interest properties which provide content and services relating to finance; sport; women’s interest; entertainment; motoring; property; parenting; health, careers and food. In addition it offers free services such as email, blogs, answers, social networking and games.
24.com remains the biggest internet publisher in Africa, reaching over 2.7 million users across its network of sites. News24 leads as the top local destination with 1.6 million unique South African users per month. A variety of sub-brands (including Fin24, Sport24 and Health24) are category leaders in their niche fields. During the yearNews24 extended its brand into mobile applications for the iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Nokia platforms, and increased its WAP mobile audience.
· Upload content to websites.
· Research people, events and statistics online.
· Proof read and fact check.
· Develop marketable concepts
· Summarise information.
· Contribute ideas as part of the editorial team.
· Participate in social media.
· User/customer interaction and assistance
Skills and Competencies:
· Interest and understanding of Social Networks and internet in general.
· Good research skills.
· Impeccable Spelling and Grammar.
· An eye for detail.
· Computer Literate.
· Fast Learner.
· Imagination and initiative
· Minimum Matric.
· English, Media, Communications or related diploma or degree advantageous.
· A market related stipend will be paid to the successful applicant.
· Applicants must reside in Cape Town or surrounds. Office hours are 9 to 5, Monday to Friday.
· Mail your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
· If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
Contact Elizabeth Okes for more information and to apply: [email protected]