This programme is a partnership between Barclays and the Centre for Business Mathematics and Informatics at the North West University (NWU). The aim is to support and develop a talented new generation of specialist risk graduates who will improve the risk skills pool in Barclays and across Africa.
Who can apply for this bursary?
Candidates who are currently in Grade 12 or have completed Grade 12 and who intend to study at the Potchefstroom campus or Vaal Triangle campus of the NWU in 2015 for:
The five-year MSc degree in Business Mathematics and Informatics specialising in one of the following:
Quantitative Risk Management
Data Mining / Business Analytics
The four-year BCom(Hons) degree in Risk Management
- Candidates must be eligible and register to study at NWU for one of the above mentioned degrees in 2015
- Candidates must be studying for a degree for the first time after Grade 12
- Candidates, currently in Grade12, must have obtained at least 80 % for Accounting and Mathematics (not Mathematical Literacy) during the June 2014 examinations
- Candidates, who have already completed Grade12, must have obtained at least a final B symbol or 80% in Accounting and Mathematics (not Mathematical Literacy)
- Candidates currently at university must be achieving 70% for individual subjects
- Candidates must have no criminal record
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Application close on the 31st July 2014.