Posted on :
29 Apr, 2010
29 Apr, 2010
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. Accenture South Africa recruits Retail Planner
Job Title: Retail Planner-00090921
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world’s most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Consulting professionals at Accenture belong to one of three workgroups: Management Consulting, Systems Integration Consulting or Technology Consulting. These workgroups enable us to deliver the increasingly specialized skills that clients demand while providing our people with varied career opportunities.
Our management consultants have the opportunity to work and collaborate with colleagues from across the full spectrum of consulting activity: identifying and creatively solving complex problems, designing and re-engineering critical processes, and fundamentally transforming the way a company operates. Our management consultants are more than just theorists – they turn theory into action. Acting as trusted advisors to our clients, they work directly with FORTUNE© Global 500 companies across many different industry sectors. They concentrate on getting a holistic view of a client’s business and industry environment and use their expertise and critical thinking skills to design and deliver realistic, achievable business strategies and solutions that address key client priorities.
Much of the work we do is at the cutting edge of innovation and thinking. We involve our consultants in publishing and sharing this knowledge as thought leadership to benefit clients, industry and fellow colleagues.
Supply Chain & Operations professionals help clients develop strategies and operating models that integrate planning, procurement, product design, manufacturing and fulfillment functions within an organization, as well as connect suppliers and customers across the extended supply chain.
Sourcing & Procurement professionals design and implement strategies that transform buying and selling with differentiating sourcing and procurement strategies, processes, technologies and organizations.
As a Management Consulting Consultant, you will be at the core of understanding and responding to our clients’ business challenges. You are likely to be involved in a range of activities from assessing a client’s business capabilities to conducting business transformation activities.
Business Transformation Delivery
• Conducting industry and client research and analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Gathering and documenting client’s current business processes, people and technology capabilities and requirements.
• Performing financial assessments to support the development of new business processes and architecture.
• Designing, developing and delivering new business processes, capabilities and supporting technologies.
• Developing communications, training and job aids to support change management activities.
• Executing the testing and implementation of new business processes. Leading a small team to execute project components to scope, schedule and budget.
Client Relationship Development and Management
• Delivering client presentations and facilitating meetings and workshops.
• Supporting the growth of the practice through assisting with new business proposals and presentations, recruitment activities, coaching and mentoring to analysts.
Other Features of the Job (e.g., location, traveling, shift hours, etc.):
*Display an attitude of innovation
*Dedicated and committed to achieving results
*Able to adapt to change quickly
*Convey a professional image
Education, Qualifications, Experience Necessary:
* Must have a 3 year qualification
* Must be willing to work overtime if required
* Experience in utilities, mining, petrochemical and other similar industries would be an advantage
* Preference will be given to employment equity South African candidates
Knowledge and Skills:
* A minimum of 2 – 5 years intensive and recent experience as team member in a project environment
* Basic Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio skills for documentation purposes
* Good problem solving skills
* Good communication skills
Professional Skill Requirements
• Good financial acumen and financial analysis and diagnosis skills.
• Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skill.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You’ll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Supply Chain Management
Job Segments: Change Management, Engineer, Engineering, Management, Management Consulting, Operations, Publishing, Retail, Supply, Supply Chain