Posted on :
19 May, 2014
19 May, 2014
Reference Number DSD 19/2014
Component Provincial Government
Core Title: Administrative Officer
Component: Directorate: Operational Management Support, Sub-directorate: Corporate Service Relations Management, Cape Town
Department: Department of Social Development
Reference number: DSD 19/2014
To assist in the coordination of departmental operational service delivery obligations as required by the Corporate Services Centre (CSC) – Service Level Agreement.
• A relevant 3 year Diploma/ Degree in Human Resource Management with a minimum of 1 year relevant experience; or
• Grade 12 with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
• To provide assistance in the coordination of the appointment of members of prescribed departmental committees such as the Employment Equity Consultative Form (EECF) and IMLC – Information Management Labour Caucus excluding the rendering of secretariat functions;
• Representing the Department at transversal forums;
• Assistance with logistical arrangements and the distribution, recording of general CSC communications/information;
• Provide assistance with the collation of consolidated departmental input/reports required by the Corporate Service Centre;
• Keep record of all outgoing CSC-correspondence;
• Assist in the facilitation of follow-up actions with the CSC as required;
• Perform supervisory functions including the management of all day-to-day workflow of team members as well and maintain discipline within the team context.
• Knowledge of the following:
o Provincial human resource management policies, service level agreement and service schedules in terms of which the working relationship with the Corporate Services Centre (CSC);
o Corporate governance requirements, with particular reference to prescribed plans and committees (In as far as they relate to the work of the CSC);
o Human Resources Management Systems;
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape Province;
• Proven computer literacy;
• Planning and organising skills.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
SALARY: R 183 438 – R 216 084 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 7
CLOSING DATE: 30 May 2014 @ 16:00
ENQUIRIES: Mr R Laubscher at (021) 483 3072
Closing Date 2014-05-30