African Development Bank Recruitment For Documentation Clerk
- The coverage of document for the meetings of the Management Board and the Governing Council.
- The Documentation of the General Secretaria.
- Contribution to the preparation of the work of the Management Board and Governing Council.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Director, the incumbent will perform the following tasks and functions:
- Liaising with ALSF’ Secretariat in assembling and organizing ALSF’s documents, legal instruments, policies, guideline, and other reference material for speedy retrieval;
- The document to be organized will relate to, but not be limited to: projects, minutes of meetings, report on the activities and operation of ALSF;
- Organizing and maintaining collection of templates and checklists;
- Preparing first draft of routine memoranda and other documentation;
- Maintaining the system of filling, archiving and accessible;
- Ensuring that the documents produced and received are accessible;
- Ensuring effective management of ALF’s archive space;
- Accomplish any other task assigned to him/her by Corporate Secretary or the Director;
- Ensure the distribution and monitoring of documents to Board members and their Committees within the required deadlines;
- Contribute to updating of the follow-up matrix of the semi-annual work program of the Boards of Directors by submitting a weekly distribution form;
- Conduct documentary research (projects, policy documents, programme and activity reports) at the request or for Directors;
- Check for the correct titles, codes and dates for the distribution of documents and for the conformity of the two official ALSF versions (English and French);
- Participate in the coverage of meetings, seminars, working groups and conferences;
- Provide participants with documents;
- Establish attendance lists for the Secretary General;
- Facilitate the circulation and the exchanges of messages between the Board members during meetings;
- Usher inexperts authorized to attend the ALSF meetings ;
- Transmit written or verbal messages from the meeting room to those outside and vice versa;
- Keep a documentation entry register (Service) by systematically recording every new document;
- Accomplish any other tasks assigned to him/her by the Superior, Director.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (The incumbent of the position will be considered as local staff and will therefore not have international status)
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in management, communications, and administration or other related discipline; a certificate in Archiving would be asset;
- Preferably a minimum of four (4) years of relevant and practical professional experience in a similar position;
- Expert knowledge of document processing procedures;
- Excellent client services skills;
- Good knowledge of policy, work procedures of the ALSF and the board, projects, economic and financial development issues;
- Competence in communications and negotiations; strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French, with good working knowledge of the other language;
- Competence in the use of standard software used in the Bank such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; a practical knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
[button link=”http://www.afdb.org/en/careers/current-vacancies/vacancy/documentation-clerk-1773/” color=”lightblue” newwindow=”yes”] Click here to apply online[/button]