Posted on :
11 Dec, 2012
11 Dec, 2012
• Manage the Computerised Management Maintenance System (CMMS).
• Initiation and execution of costs savings and efficiency projects.
• Identification and management of refurbishment and capacity related infrastructure projects.
• Develop and implement strategies for the maintenance of mechanical infrastructure.
• Responsible for HVAC, baggage conveying, pump schemes, fuel supply bulk services/utilities (mechanical) among other airport mechanical equipment, infrastructure and systems.
• Perform quality management on maintenance carried out by the department.
• Executing and reporting on maintenance and compliance audits.
• Failure and performance analysis on all mechanical infrastructures to optimize maintenance frequency and performance.
• Responsible for maintenance planning, scheduling and auditing.
• Ensure compliance to all SHE & other related applicable statutory requirements within the industry.
• Keep up to date with new technologies within the industry.
• Represent the Company in professional teams for project developments and ensure that the final product meets airport operational needs and complies with engineering, statutory, SHE & other related applicable standards.
• A relevant tertiary qualification.
• At least four years relevant experience in an engineering field.
• Knowledge of the primary electro-mechanical systems to be found at an airport.
• Previous experience with compilation of specifications and tendering processes and management of contractors.
• Knowledge of Airport operations, infrastructure, processes and stakeholders.
• Knowledge of procedures for budgeting and accounting.
• Knowledge of information management systems.
The ideal candidate will also posses the following competencies: customer orientation, perseverance, priority setting, integrity, process management and good problem solving ability. Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills are required for this position. The candidate must have good investigative and evaluative skills coupled with reporting writing abilities.