The purpose of the role will provide 3rd Line Application Support & Enhancement services to a number of business critical and regulatory applications.
- Has strong operational knowledge of the service desk and incident systems Monitor operational jobs on a daily basis, managing incidents when errors or exceptions occur
- Pro-actively review systems to fix incidents before they become service affecting or to improve productivity/performance
- Creating and amending programs in accordance with the design following relevant code management procedures and applying agreed coding standards.
- Planning, designing and conducting tests of programs, correcting errors and retesting
- to deliver an error-free product
- Building and maintaining an expert understanding of the various stages of software development, enhancements, and support
- Providing guidance and assistance to colleagues
- Proposing areas for improvement within own technical sphere to help achieve the BIS Goals
- Reviewing and recommending process improvements, helping to implement where possible
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
- Proposing options to meet business area requirements and prepare cost/benefit for the business area to evaluate.
- Reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors and service problems to limit downtime and resolve the problem during project handover
- Deciding and initiating action
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
- Applying expertise and technology
- Delivering results and exceed customer expectations
- The appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity strategy
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or BCom Informatics or equivalent NQF level 6 qualification or higher or seven (7) years experience in information management within the information technology industry
- 4 – 5 years relevant technical experience
- To be an expert in the required technical skills mandated by the BIS Technology Strategy – Informatica, Abinitio, OWB, Teradata, IBM Mainframe as required by each role
- This role functions in the Run the Bank space and hence more of a maintenance & support system space, than new/funky builds that happens in Build the Bank.
- MUST HAVE Informatica and ETL experience, running off LINUX operating system
- The role is split 50% programming small enhancements and 50% Informatica support
- Team works on Stand-by and the odd over-weekend implementations
- The challenge is that this area has high work volumes in terms of enhancements and fixes
- No Criminal record
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens and Permanent residents of South Africa in possession of proof of permanent resident status