The Shaft Rock Engineer is responsible for providing the Shaft with specialist Rock Engineering services and expertise that forms part of the MTS department. The work focus timeframe is one year to life of mine. Demonstrated ability to perform in a Brownfields, Greenfields or JV’s operational Environment.
- Compile and maintain mandatory Code of Practice to combat rock bursts and rock falls.
- Conduct and document accident/incident investigations and make necessary representation to the DME.
- Effective Rock Engineering services to support shaft’s performance.
- Effective management of subordinates 1 – 3 strata Control officers/observers.
- Effective implementation/administration of necessary systems.
- Recommend alternative support systems and remedial action to observed deviations from support specifications in terms of standard and quality.
- Recommend design of pillars, excavations and support systems/methodologies.
- Assess suppliers in terms of adherence to specifications.
- COM Rock Mechanics Certificate [for Metalliferous Mines]
- 5 years experience in mining, rock engineering or strata control
- Member of professional body (SANIRE).
- Demonstrated ability to meet technical and responsibility requirements of the legal appointment.
- Anglo Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s Employment Equity Policy
- Incomplete CV’s and/or applications will not be considered.
For full details and how to apply, kindly visit our careers site, Employment opportunities, at www.angloplatinum.com (External) orhttp://internalcareers.angloplatinum.com (Internal).
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
To apply, click on the link below, click on ‘search and apply for a job online’