Learnerships opportunities are available in the following disciplines:Electrician; Auto Electricians; Rigger Ropesman; Plater Welder / Boilermaker; Diesel Mechanic; Millwright; Measurement Control & Instrumentation; Fitter Including Machining
You will need:
1. Primary Job Purpose
The successful candidates will take part in a Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification and qualified Artisan.
2. Minimum Entry Requirements
- Matric with Mathematics and English (Physical Science added advantage) OR
- N2 with 4 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements (added advantage) OR
- NCV Level – 4 In appropriate trade
3. Trade Test Requirements
- A minimum of an N2 certificate with the four applicable subjects for the relevant trade as specified below:
- Electrical (Maths; Engineering Science; Electrical Trade Theory; Industrial Electronics)
- Fitting (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Fitting & Machining Trade Theory)
- Diesel Mechanic (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Diesel Trade Theory)
- Plater / Welder (Maths; Engineering Science; Plating and Structural Drawing, Plater’s Theory)
- Rigger (Maths; Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing; Rigging Theory)
- The appointed learner will sign an agreement where the learner commits him / herself to obtain the minimum N2 or any required subjects applicable to the trade, necessary for qualifying
- Where applicable the Company will support the appointed learner to achieve the minimum requirements by allowing the learner to attend a full trimester to obtain the relevant N2 for the trade.
4. Learnership Conditions
- Must be prepared to work underground/surface and in plants “dusty areas”, and an eleven day fortnight shift where applicable
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) & medical certificate of fitness
- Selection of candidates will be based upon the Anglo Platinum selection and recruitment procedure.
5. Additional Information
- Interested candidates are invited to apply online on www.angloamerican.co.za or email application to [email protected] or hand deliver at Walk in Centre at any of the above-mentioned Mines, quoting the job reference number. The application needs to include a detailed Curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) including copies of ID and highest qualification certificates
- Certified copies of original certificates must be provided on day of the interview.
- Applicants should state in their application their geographical preference and applicants must reside geographically in the surrounding areas.
- NB: NO ACCOMODATION AND TRANSPORT TO AND FROM WORK WILL BE PROVIDED BY ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM
- Successful applicants will be informed and invited to complete the necessary assessments and interview
- Anglo Platinum shall apply the Company’s employment equity policy.
How To Apply
Closing date: 29 November 2013
Location: Gauteng, Engineering Skills Training Centre