African Rainbow Minerals is one of South Africa’s premier black economic empowerment companies. We offer challenges and opportunities for advancement. We strive to be the employer of choice, because “WE DO IT BETTER”.
- BSc (Hons) degree in Geology;
- Minimum 10 years geology/mining related experience, of which 5 years is in geological modelling and geostatistical estimation;
- GDE or equivalent statistical/geo statistical training;
- Solid CAE Studio/Datamine software package experience advantageous;
- SACNASP registered.
ARM Corporate has an opportunity for a Leader: Mineral Resources.
Purpose of the Job:
- To partake and assist in collating the ARM groups’ mineral resource and reserve estimations. To ensure accuracy in the prediction and calculation of grade distributions and resource tonnages using statistical and geostatistical methods. Participate in due diligence reviews.
- Visit and assist ARM mining operations in:
– Database and QAQC validation;
– Geological modelling of ore bodies;
– Statistical and geostatistical evaluations;
– Mineral resource/reserve declaration.
- Ad hoc due diligence investigations (local and abroad) and undertaking geological and resource modelling for new projects;
- Presentation of findings to executives.
- Technical report writing skills;
- Team player with mine MRM teams;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Results orientation;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Assertive, persistent and resilient.
End Date: 2013-08-14
How to Apply
Click on this link to apply online