ASSET Bursary Programme 2014
- Only South African citizens who are resident in the Western Cape are eligible.
- Students who are in Grade 12 and intend studying for a first degree, diploma or higher certificate are eligible.
- You must meet the entry requirements for your chosen field of study.
- Applications may be made for a University or University of Technology in the Western Cape only.
- Applications for private institutions or FET Colleges are not accepted.
- In view of large numbers of applications, only successful candidates will be notified. This will be done by the end of February.
- Awards are made by a Selection Committee meeting in late January and are based on merit and financial need. Where funds are limited priority is given to students who are financially needy and who are from less advantaged communities.
- Awards are variable and cover a percentage of the cost of tuition, registration and books.
- ASSET bursaries are not repayable.
- Bursars are able to access loans to cover the balance and any other costs through a partnership with NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme.) Loans through NSFAS are repayable to NSFAS but up to 40% may be converted to a bursary depending on successful results.
- Bursary funds are paid directly to tertiary institutions.
How to Apply
Download and complete the application form and post it to:
Association for Educational Transformation
5 Long Street
Please ensure that certified copies of all available supporting documents are enclosed.
Application forms will not be accepted through fax or email.
If you have not been contacted by the end of February, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 31 October 2013