G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Bank Marshall based at our operations in Boksburg
Reporting to the Boxroom Supervisor, this role is responsible for receiving cash in containers for hand over to the bank tellers to ensure that the cash is secure and packed into vault if necessary for overnight storage.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which facilities management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
- Receive money from the Security Officers for handover to tellers
- Receives and signs for consignments of cash
- Hand over consignment of cash to bank teller within their shift times.
- Secure the consignment of cash received out of shift times
- Pack the consignments of cash in the vault when required for overnight
- Obtain bank clearances from relevant bank
- Obtain relevant documentation from Floor Controllers within the bank premises
- Check seal numbers and check for tampering of consignment before signing receipt of the consignment
- Deliver the consignment to the Security Officer after confirming their identification for transportation
- Record the documentation of receipting against client code
- Report any discrepancies to Boxroom Supervisor
- Secure cash consignment in vault
- Transport and cash consignment into trolley for vault in the bank
- Seal the keys in G4S container and hand over to Bank Controllers
- Record the seal number of the G4S container onto the register book held by Bank Controller
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate
Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- knowledge of G4S policies and procedures
- Knowledge of process and procedures within a banking environment
- Knowledge of G4S business ethics policy
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Assist customers with queries
- Record vital information of cash consignments
- Delivering objectives
- Supporting and working with others
- Acting professionally
- Delivering great customer service
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.