- Total month-end processing on system (running month-end, processing final month-end adjustments etc.);
- Compile and review month-end reports (management reports and international group reporting);
- Cost and variance review, analysis and commentary;
- General accounts control and review function (Revenue, Inventory, Creditors, Debtors, etc.);
- Fixed asset intake and register coordination and maintenance;
- Budget preparation, review, analysis and commentary;
- Year-end accounts closure preparation and prepare and review of Annual Financial Statements;
- Internal/External auditor liaison and query resolution;
- Creation and maintenance of financial policies, procedures and processes;
- Other tasks and ad hoc queries as delegated by the FM from time to time.
- Financial accountant will liaise with the other Financial Accountant and report to FM with intermittent reporting to Regional FM in Belgium.
- B.Comm (accounting stream)(CA, SAIPA, CIMA)/B.Compt/B.Acc minimum.
- Honours degree and/or completed articles advantageous.
Skills / Competencies Required
- Previous monthly reporting and cycle control functions experience.
- Minimum 2 years working experience. 2-5 years advantageous.
- Excellent Excel and Word skills with demonstrable capability.
- Ability to work in a team (interpersonal skills and effort coordination) and honour deadlines.
- Anticipation of issues or queries and addressing ahead of time.
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge.
- English and Afrikaans proficiency. French/Portuguese advantageous.
- SysPro ERP system experience advantageous.
- Guaranteed exposure to global operations and accounting practices.
Please note: This is a temporary vacancy (18 months).