Hotazel Manganese Mines (HMM), is based in the Kalahari. We mine one of the largest manganese resources in the world. We offer a unique lifestyle choice with a family-friendly, secure environment and value our employees as our greatest asset.
To supervise the safe and efficient execution of processing activities at the ore preparation plant and Loadout Station.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12
- Ore Preparation Certificate will be advantageous
- 3 – 5 years experience in a supervisory position in a processing plant.
- Ore Preparation Plant (OPP) experience will be advantageous
- SAP HR and PM knowledge is required
Must be in possession of a drivers licence.
Must be medically fit.
Key Performance Areas:
- Monitor daily achievement of targets and take corrective action in the event of targets not reached (OPP & Loadout)
- Provide effective problem solving support to the operation
- Plan, organise, lead and control activities in the production process
- Monitor and control the production process and co-ordinate process operations
- Monitor production process activities, trends and brief operators accordingly at the start of each shift
- Ensure that plant throughput is consistently optimised through all sections during all shifts
- Guide and instruct the team with regards to significant deviations in operations which may influence production or safety
- Monitor water management program (Process Water)
- Oversee the pumping of water in the dams and sumps
Weekly and Daily Planning:
- Manage the execution of the Weekly & Daily Production Plans (Plan Compliance) and report reasons for deviation in the Weekly planning report
Product Quality Control:
- Review analytical results and make process adjustments
- Coordinate road haulage and stock piling to achieve required product specifications
- Oversee the crushing and screening operation in the metallurgical plant
- Maintain housekeeping standards in the plant
- Maintain vibrating screen decks
- Support the project environment and activities to deliver project objectives
- Identify, suggest and implement corrective actions to improve quality of project work
The successful candidate will be required to possess the following skills/ competencies:
- Results focused
- Action Orientation.
- Building and Maintaining Relationships.
- Organizing and Delivering Quality Results.