Posted on :
20 Jan, 2011
BHP Billiton Manganese is a distinctive business with a leading presence in the global manganese market. Our operations span 2 continents and offer an excellent platform for those seeking to fast track their career. Join our dynamic business and contribute to our growth.
Hotazel Manganese Mines (HMM), is based in the Kalahari. We mine one of the largest manganese resources in the world. We offer a unique lifestyle choice with a family-friendly, secure environment and value our employees as our greatest asset.
Managing all functions at the mine in line with BHP Billiton Standards in order to ensure that the correct quality and quantity ore is produced at the lowest possible cost. This is done through effective optimization of employees, equipment and systems, ensuring full compliance to all applicable legislation.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Applicable Tertiary Mining Qualification and Post Graduate Business Qualification
• At least ±10 years relevant experience.
• A Mine Managers certificate of Competency
• Knowledge of MS Packages and SAP will be advantageous.
• Medically fit.
Key Performance Areas:
• Develop and implement strategies and action plans.
• Plan strategically to improve business performance
• Assists with long-term strategic plans
• Manage mining operations and processes
• Integrate the Life Off Asset plan into the Medium Term Plan
• Assess Medium Term Planning Risks
• Identify, suggest and implement corrective actions to improve quality of project work
• Manage Business Improvement processes
• Conduct regular Results and Progress Management meetings
• Build and maintain a competent and motivated work force
• Compile Mining Reports
The successful candidate will be required to possess the following skills/ competencies:
• Knowledge of general Mining practices
• Technical Report Writing Skills
• Cross Function Awareness
• Good Presentation Skills
• Customer Care Skills
• Feedback and Recognition
Please forward your CV (max 7 – 10 pages) to: [email protected] or fax to 0865366289. Applications close 12 November 2010.