Posted on :
20 Jan, 2011
20 Jan, 2011
BHP Billiton Manganese is a distinctive business with a leading presence in the global manganese market. Our operations span 2 continents and offer an excellent platform for those seeking to fast track their career. Join our dynamic business and contribute to our growth.
Hotazel Manganese Mines (HMM), is based in the Kalahari. We mine one of the largest manganese resources in the world. We offer a unique lifestyle choice with a family-friendly, secure environment and value our employees as our greatest asset.
To manage the safe installation, maintenance and proper operation of all plant, machinery and equipment.
Key Performance Areas:
• Provide input to the Business Plan
• Provide input into the Asset Management Strategy on an annual basis to ensure that it is aligned with the Business Plan
• Ensure that the Maintenance strategy is aligned to the Equipment Strategy
• Provide input into the research, development and review of appropriate Engineering technologies
• Identify critical equipment as per BHP B Critical Equipment Guidelines
• Ensure compliance to Reliability Improvement and Equipment Strategy development objectives
• Evaluate Maintenance & Reliability KPI’s in order to identify potential improvement opportunities by utilising the 1SAP Defect Elimination process (RCA, ICAM’s, etc.)
• Manage the Defect Elimination process
• Approve Technical Changes (Engineering standards, specifications, etc.)
• Recommend Technical Changes (Engineering standards, specifications, etc.)
• Liaise with Condition Monitoring to improve Reliability
Mechanical / Electrical Engineering:
• Provide input into Engineering design specifications and Equipment specifications (Purchases, refurbishment, repairs, etc.)
• Sign off and acceptance of plant installations
• Comply with Management Of Change (MOC) procedures
• Manage Planned Maintenance activities to achieve optimum Plant Availability
• Optimise the application of Maintenance resources (manpower, equipment, etc.)
• Analyze and interpret Maintenance data, assess deviations and initiate corrective actions
• Analyze Maintenance KPI’s and make improvement recommendations
• Participate in Maintenance Audits
• Perform routine plant inspections to identify non- conformances
• Approve Maintenance Projects
• Participate in the estimation and preparation of cost budget and draft schedules for a project or sub project
• Sign off Maintenance Projects
• Actively participate in team Results and Progress Management (RPM’s) meetings
• Drive continuous improvement through KPI management
• Plan, organise and monitor work in own area of responsibility
• Ensure discipline is maintained in department (Absenteeism, Time Management, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Engineering Degree or Diploma with Government Certificate of Competency.
• 5 Years experience in a Production and Mining Environment.
• Experience of Underground and Plants will be advantageous.
• Knowledge of SAP and MS packages is essential.
The successful candidate will be required to possess the following skills/competencies:
Building and Maintaining Relationships
Cross Functional Awareness
Objective Setting and Control
Please forward your CV (max 3 pages) to: mailto: [email protected] or fax to 053 7422856. Closing date 28 January 2011.
BHP Billiton has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.