Posted on :
23 Jan, 2012
23 Jan, 2012
As an asset within the highly successful BHP Billiton group, the EKATI Diamond Mine is one of the world’s largest producers of top quality rough diamonds. How did we achieve this? By working safely, mining responsibly, meeting our commitments and by hiring the best and brightest people in the industry. Located 300 kilometres northeast of Yellowknife, the EKATI Diamond Mine is accessible only by plane; our pristine, remote sub-arctic environment provides unique operational challenges and exciting career development opportunities.
The EKATI Diamond Mine is currently seeking a dynamic leader to fill the position of Manager Planning. Reporting to the General Manager EKATI, this key member of the Operations leadership team provides direction to the Planning, Mine Engineering Services, and Geology & Geotechnical Services functions at EKATI.
• Be visible and engaging safety leader, leading by personal example and demonstrating felt leadership in all interactions, conversations and taking a stand.
• Manage, coordinate and develop team members to achieve their full potential.
• Ensure targets are met or exceeded, in quality, quantity and timing as per relevant department business plans.
• Identify and implement opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Prepare operating, capital and manning budgets and control departmental expenditure to agreed levels.
• Develops and manages the departmental budget.
• As a member of the Management team, contributes to Asset 5 year strategy and 1 year balanced plan development and execution.
This role is a high profile position within the Ekati organization and is ideally suited to a high potential individual who is looking to broaden their skills and to make a significant contribution to the ongoing improvement of the EKATI business.
• A degree in Mine Engineering or Mine Geology related discipline.
• A minimum of 8 years mining industry experience in various senior roles.
Success in this role includes the delivery of safe, reliable and technically robust mine engineering and geological design, necessary for the effective running of the Asset. Visible safety leadership and the ability to form and maintain strong positive relationships with various stakeholders are essential.
You will have expertise in team development, budgeting, production forecasting and analytical reporting as well as Project Management, including cost and schedule cost control. Your experiences and accomplishments demonstrate that you possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
This position requires the incumbent to reside in the Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. The role will be based primarily in the EKATI Mine Site, but also includes a regular periods of time spent at the Yellowknife office. Excellent compensation, comprehensive benefits program and relocation assistance is available.
The city of Yellowknife is located on the north shore of Great Slave Lake and features endless summer days and winter nights filled with Aurora northern lights. The city is thriving and modern with lots of amenities, restaurants and full of outdoor adventure all year round. It truly is a great place to live.
Outstanding People, High Performance, Proud Legacy
If this position interests you and you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for, please apply.