Posted on :
22 Jul, 2014
22 Jul, 2014
To Identify, evaluate and realize manufacturing and assembly equipment processes according to value stream mapping, independently and responsibly according to technical specifications considering cost and quality implications for the production of O/E, P/A and export. Represent Body in White in all VPS activities. This vacancy is in Rosslyn, Pretoria.
• Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
• Minimum of four years in manufacturing and planning function for Body in White assembly.
• Sound knowledge of fixtures for body assembly and body in white process.
• Product launch experience within Body in White
• Is responsible for coordination of manufacturing and assembly equipment for new approved ideas with regards to product and structure.
• Decides and is accountable to ascertain best technical method , supplier technology capability, technical supplier selection and recommendation.
• Is responsible for project management, decides on execution and is accountable for timeous implementation.
• Is on a none routine basis responsible for the life cycle of a product, i.e.: technical changes, quality standard, line and field problems, realization, project approval and productivity improvement.
• Investigates, evaluates and determines product requirements regarding establishment of local assembly breakdown to achieve cost effectiveness, local content program, quality, lead-time, investments, labor costs and forex content.
• Is responsible for the design and ordering of all process racking and supply trolleys to suit production and quality requirements.
How to Apply