An opportunity has arisen for a person with solid experience in building Java Enterprise systems to join the Java Open Standard Solutions delivery team at BSG. The candidate must be able to perform a technical lead role, driving the architecture, design, development and implementation of systems in a collaborative and professional environment. The ideal candidate would be passionate about technology and their research of cutting-edge technologies must be ongoing. They should also be more confident in older, more proven technologies in order to efficiently deliver.
Job Qualifications: Computer studies related degree/diploma or relevant equivalent e.g. Java SE, Java EE certifications.
- Experience across a variety of web and data persistence management frameworks
- Solid project experience (exposure to full project lifecycle) in at least 3-4 projects of at least 3 months in duration
- At least 2 years relevant work experience at an intermediate level
Skills & experience:
- Ability to plan and estimate development effort
- Ability to perform a technical developer role
- Ability to produce relevant technical documentation
- Architecture experience advantageous
- OO design and development, with use of design patterns and UML
- Solid understanding of Java platform framework fundamentals
- Solid experience with a number of IDEs, DBMS and Application Servers preferable
- Solid experience with Open Source server components
- Data modelling/design and database development
- Development in teams using an SCM tool, e.g. SVN, CVS
Key Performance Areas:
- Internal team feedback
- Project delivery (productivity and quality against baseline)
- Client feedback (in terms of the software delivered)
- Contribution to software development practice (methodology, tools, research)
<< Click here to apply.