Posted on :
1 Aug, 2013
1 Aug, 2013
Requisition Number: 431R30554
Job is available in these locations: Milnerton, Western Cape, South Africa
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Blending and Shipping Trainer located in Milnerton, South Africa through August 4, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Conducts technical / functional training:
– Unit specific training
– Support for fundamentals training
– Generic simulator training
– Console operator training
– 4 Senses training
– Continuous refresher training
– Any other relevant functional training
– Select appropriate assessment methods and conduct assessments for the progression through the series of placed jobs
– Plans, schedules, monitors, and tracks all Operations training
– Ensures up-to-date and accurate training record system for Operations in order to plan
Schedules and administers COBRA assessments: (Development tool for Console Operators)
Supports the Coordinator, Operations with any training-related activities as and when required, such as:
– Training needs analysis
– Development of training & assessment material
– Reviews training material
– Sourcing of training material
– Validates the quality of third party training material and providers
Assignment location is Zone 3 of the Chevron Cape Town Refinery
Matric Certificate or equivalent. Recognition for prior learning and other relevant qualifications will also be considered
At least 5 years blending and shipping refinery operations experience and/or DCS experience. Experience in both is preferred
Effective administrative skills
Effective training capabilities
Strong communication and writing skills
Knowledgeable of both blending & shipping consoles pertaining to the operating zone, and is able to train process operators and console operators
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
How to Apply