Posted on :
1 Aug, 2013
1 Aug, 2013
Job is available in these locations: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Overview External: Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of FLSR – Export Sales located in Johannesburg, South Africa through August 3, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: This position sells the full line of preferred Lubricants products to established & new accounts in designated export market/territory. Provides support to his/her customers in their sales efforts; counsels them on many facets of their business including new business development, product application & recommendation for various equipment/ applications, sales programs, etc. Sought out by customers and other FLSRs for advice on Technical & Product applications queries, lubrication and business knowledge. Considered “industry expert” in at least one industry and/or subject of lubrication and related services. Performs customer profitability analysis leveraging LFT tool to derive NOI and scenario analysis, superior strategic planning and strategic thinking skills. Coordinates development of long and short range plans covering all aspects of the assigned territory in alignment with territory/channel & market area plans.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Strong Sales Process Execution:
– Executes all 5 phases of the sales process for Lubricants Business
– Executes customer facing activities
– Responsible for execution of account plan actions to achieve profitability targets and retain business
– Responsible for account financial performance
Customer Relationship Development:
– Builds strong relationship with partners & distributors in Export markets
– Collaborates with other channels in finished lubricants, supply chain to meet customer needs
– Works with technical and marketing team to identify needs and provides solution
– Active collaboration with credit, treasury and finance in maintaining customer accounts current
– Provides market intelligence
Customer Tracking and Performance Management:
– Reviews and updates sales forecasts – input to Demand Management System
– Maintains account profile and plans in Management Operating System (MOS)
– Monitors account performance in MOS and updates actions plans to achieve targets
– Maintain new business lead generation in partnership with export distributors, update leads in sales force.com
– Demand and Inventory management
Tertiary and/or Technical qualification in any field, preferably Sales & Marketing
At least 3-5 years experience in key account management in technical lubricants sales
Strong deployment and execution skills
Demonstrated high level of business acumen
Demonstrated teamwork and management skills
Computer Literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). Knowledge in SAP and MOS will be an advantage
Willing to travel to export markets within Africa
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
How to Apply