Posted on :
7 Jan, 2014
7 Jan, 2014
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Material Movement Coordinator located in Durban, South Africa through January 12, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: This position is responsible for receipt of materials into the plant, ensuring all materials are correctly stored and located within the Warehouse and issuing raw materials and consumables for the Production group. Activities also include administration of the stock control system, reconciliation of deliveries to purchase orders.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
– Accepts all goods into the plant Warehouse and ensure the delivery meets the purchase order requirements. Reconcile the goods delivery notes with purchase order requisitions and pass documentation to the accounting department
– Segregates goods purchased for Production and receives them into the Warehouse according to documented procedures and stores in locations designated for quarantine, released and rejected materials according to their status
– Maintains stock records for all production materials ensuring that the use of all the material is logged and their use is reconciled. Maintain records on Item on SAP. Fills in all check lists; puts away sheets and forms used in the warehouses with high accuracy at all times
– Assists in performing monthly stock take, and daily cycle count for all stored goods in warehouses
– Transports materials from site to site and upon the site.
Base Oil Shipping and Receiving:
– Coordinates receiving, processing, and storage of Base Oil
– Facilitates the movement of Base Oil from the tankage to the plant according to the plant’s needs
– Handles daily scheduling of Base Oil Trucks to ensure receiving all Base Oil local quotas in addition to imported Base Oil shipment without paying demurrage.
– Travels to job sites as needed to audit process in action and identifies areas for improvement for Inventory Control Procedure
– Coordinates with the local Base Oil supplier to avoid any shortage or dry out
– Ensures Compliance Assurance-related laws are having proper control in the Warehouse. Special focus on having product information in local language
– Monitors materials management process effectiveness by conducting regular inspections of warehouse facilities, receiving, issuing, physical counts, shipping, and investment recovery functions.
– Establishes necessary procedures and processes to address materials management requirements.
– Implementation of SCM best practices to improve Operational Excellence and contribute to cost Reduction (i.e. such as FIFO and Business Unit improvement and cross functional teams).
Inventory Management & Reconciliation:
– Responsible for the physical inventories and cycle counts of storage facilities
– Accountable for quarterly reviews audits at each facility to verify materials are properly accounted for and are tracked per Company and SOX requirements
– Works with Chevron Operations Groups and consignment vendors to assure consignment inventories are preformed regularly and differences are reconciled (Base Oil Tankage & Delivery Agent Warehouse + Barge)
Operation Excellence & Compliance: Performs all assigned activities in accordance with regulatory requirements and Chevron OE, Compliance, Quality and HSE Policies and Procedures
National Diploma/Tertiary qualification in any course, or equivalent
3-5 years work experience in inventory management
Some knowledge in ISO 9001
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.*LI-EG1
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
Country: South Africa
Relocation Eligible: Yes
If you are interested in this position, you must respond online. Submissions via phone, fax or email inquiries from potential applicants, external recruiters or other interested parties will not be accepted.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity Employer