Requisition Number: 431H31778
Job is available in these locations: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Treasury Manager located in Cape Town, South Africa through September 27, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Position Details: Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develop a clear understanding of Banking Procedures and policies, CVX inter-company practice (Including operation of XR mechanism) and a working knowledge of Exchange Control Regulations.
- Must be able to negotiate and interact with the various banking relationship personnel to optimize the service obtained from these institutions and business relationships.
- Must have a strong understanding of compliance requirements, particularly FCPA and BC&E to ensure the company maintains absolute integrity in its relationships with Banking institutions.
- Need to manage situations that require complex analyses with concomitant analytical and problem-solving skills. Needs minimal supervision & will operate under tight or stringent deadlines.
- Must maintain a robust system of internal control to ensure compliance with SOX
- Manage the sourcing and arranging of short term credit facilities for local and US dollar borrowing. Manage and lead the execution of short term borrowing for US dollar and local currency requirements.
- Drive and work with Global Treasury in San Ramon and Singapore to ensure all policies and global requirements for short term credit acquisition are complied with as well as FICA requirements met with local banks
- Manage and lead the execution and signing of all credit and loan agreements ensuring in line with compliance, legal and Corporate Treasury
- Subject Matter Expert on Corporate banking policies and processes, debt, money markets and interest rate management and economic indicators
- Manage the working capital requirements and bank balances to ensure optimum balances are maintained and no liquidity risk and bank credit risk experienced where Chevron is not able to meet its commitments as this would adversely impact on Chevron’s operations, credit rating and reputation risk
- Manage long term and short term loans including Inter-company formalized loans, debt, Investments, share capital and interest paid/received account reconciliation and accounting in line with ARRS
- Manage the quarterly reporting process– Debt, cash, and interest schedule to Consolidation and Reporting Team
- Perform cash forecasting for the Chevron operations in South Africa, Botswana and Swaziland (daily, short term and medium term). Review variance between actual and forecasted cash position. Manage bank balances. Maintain security over electronic cash management systems
- Arrange for foreign exchange facilities with banks while complying with Global Treasury policy. Execute foreign exchange transactions with banks. Assist Global Treasury with currency exposure exercises for South Africa, Botswana and Swaziland. Subject Matter Expert on Exchange Control regulations as they pertain to the geographical entities in central and southern Africa and maintaining exchange control compliance with the South African Reserve Bank. Reporting on exports and imports to SARB. Authorize all foreign currency payments, Rand settlement for currency purchased deal tickets, BOP forms, etc.
- Manage Southern African and offshore banking relationships within guidelines set by Global Treasury. Assist in maintaining regional Central African banking relationships. Manage and lead Chevron Bank credit reviews ensuring they are successfully conducted with the approved relationship banks enabling Chevron to utilize the agreed borrowings to meet working capital requirements
- Manage the preparation, authorization and transmission of all confirmation letters to banks, execution of loan settlements on due dates, perform accounting and account reconciliations for treasury related transactions
- Analyze and evaluate corporate financing proposals and financial agenda items in support of Business Units and the legal entities and carry out special projects as assigned. Ensure business compliance by acting as the conduit for contact with financial institutions and Global Treasury
- Manage the preparation and processing of calculations for dividend declarations and drive approvals for remittance of these dividends for South Africa, equity partners and CEPP. Prepare dividend presentation for CSA Board, Corp Treasury, Corp Tax and IFC approvals. Lead and drive the Corporate governance process by initiating requests for board and Trustee resolutions. Prepare vesting analysis presentation for board, VP International Products and external financial institutions
- Manage bank Reconciliation process ensuring that cash collections are fully updated to accurately reflect customer payments to assist in the optimization of Credit Metrics. Maintain un-cleared items on the reconciliation within acceptable parameters
- Manage the maintenance and security of electronic cash management and electronic funds transfer systems across Finance – Banking Online, CATS, PACS, and Direct-Debit collection. Manage the arrangement of bank settlement lines for EFT transactions
- Undertake ad hoc analyses, projects, studies and compile reports as required by Fiscal and/or business unit Management
- Represent Chevron SA on the SAFOR finance committee
Finance/Accounting Tertiary qualification
Minimum of 5 years work experience in a corporate environment
Highly analytical with strong communication and presentation skills
Strong Interpersonal and partnering ability
Knowledge of Compliance , Banking & Exchange control procedures
Must have assumed supervisory and or leadership skills from previous work
Strong people and motivation skills
Must be results driven
Oil Industry or Retail Banking background
Relocation may be considered within Chevron South Africa parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
Education Required Discipline:
Employee Type: Full Time
City/Town: Cape Town
State/Province/County: Western Cape
Country: South Africa
Relocation Eligible: Yes
How to Apply
[button link=”https://www.chevron.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=31778&CurrentPage=1″ newwindow=”yes”] Click here[/button]