Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Mechanical Artisan located in Milnerton, South Africa through October 13, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for safely executing repairs to all Refinery mechanical assets, whilst meeting the highest industry standards through following the Chevron procedures and manufacturers specification. Work is carried out in such a way as to meet the scheduling, quality and safety requirements related to the task
- Responsible for the application of systematic tools and methods to identify the root cause of mechanical equipment failures. Conducts 5 WHY investigations in order to determine appropriate corrective actions
- Takes ownership of the repair process to ensure optimized schedule attainment. Communicates progress timeously to immediate supervisor
- Follows and promotes safe work practices. This includes conducting safety observations, permit audits, plant walkabouts and relevant LPS (Loss Prevention System) processes
- Supervises Chevron and contractor work teams when assigned. Demonstrates strong teamwork skills to optimize performance
- Safely and competently operates specialized equipment including – but not restricted to – Laser alignment equipment, balancing machines, hydraulic torquing equipment and PSV (Pressure Safety Valves) integrity testing equipment
- Trains and mentors learners and less experienced co-workers
- Minimum N3 or equivalent
- Trade Certificate (Red Ticket)
- Minimum 5 years mechanical artisan experience in industry (Petrochemical experience will be an added advantage)
- Driver’s license (Code 08)
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
How to Apply
[button link=”https://www.chevron.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=32520&CurrentPage=1″ color=”lightblue” newwindow=”yes”] Click here to apply online[/button]