Title: Chief Instrument & Controls Engineer
Advertising Category: Engineering/Design
Location of Job: Pretoria, GT 181 ZA (Primary)
Responsible for the management of the C&I Engineering group functions for assigned project(s) across company Client Base. Provides supervisory and technical excellence and quality input to all C&I Engineering personnel. Has single point accountability for the production of defined C&I Engineering deliverables, to the required project schedule and quality.
- Responsible for coaching, teaching, mentoring and effective supervision of assigned personnel.
- Develops C&I Engineering specific plans for project execution.
- Determines Project C&I Engineering organization for the Company and for various projects awarded to the Company.
- Responsible for annual and intermittent staff appraisals within the discipline.
- Initiates C&I / Engineering section of the scope of work and services.
- Responsible for developing and implementing C&I Engineering administrative and technical practices, specifications, and procedures.
- Review and assists in compiling of C&I Engineering ADCs. (Activity Detail Costing) Review estimate with Engineering and Project Control Management for approval and submission to Project Management for further action.
- Develops and maintains the C&I Engineering Work Plan. Establish Project need dates for assignment of all personnel.
- Initiates and approves the development of C&I Engineering specific standards and specifications. Has single point accountability for the upkeep of storage and listing of all C&I / Engineering specific standards stored on the computer network.
- Initiates discipline document distribution list for the project.
- Attends kick-off, Project staff, Client, Construction, Supplier/Vendor reviews or other meetings as and when required.
- Maintains good working relationship with Client and liaise with other discipline Engineering Leads to assure accurate, timely communications and flow of information is taking place.
- Responsible for the C&I Engineering section of the Project Procedure Manual & Project Execution Plan.
- Discuss deviations in job scope, estimates changes, and reviews PVN’s or Variation Orders for approval and submission to Project Management.
- Monitors and reports on project specific C&I Engineering schedule, change orders and progress to Project Management.
- Responsible for all quality control with-in the discipline.
- Monitors the issuing of C&I Engineering specific documents and drawings.
- Coordinates field construction queries for resolutions where applicable.
- Initiates and assures completion of the C&I Engineering Section of the project completion report.
- Implement Lessons Learnt and improve quality procedures where necessary.
- Review of CV’s and interviewing for personnel recruitment.
Control & Instrumentation Specific Activities and Deliverables
- Reviewing changes in C&I design codes and implement these changes in company standards and future designs.
- To provide complete C&I Engineering resources in the areas of Layout, ensuring safety in design, technical integrity, compliance to schedule and to maximizes profit. Set the direction and vision for the section with the co-operation of other Engineering disciplines. To continuously monitor and improve working practices and culture to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Partake in corporate budget and strategic management discussions.
- Control Budgets.
- Produce ADCs in line with Scope of Work.
- Preferably 12 – 15 years plus relevant, depending on the individual, prior experience or additional training, previous job assignments, etc.
- Preferably 3 to 5 years of relevant project lead engineer experience
- Hydrocarbon experience essential
- Consultancy in addition to delivery will also be beneficial
- Must have an Engineering degree from recognized institute
- Registered as a Professional Engineer at ECSA
How to Apply
Click on this link to apply online