Chief Structural Engineer Vacancies
Title: Chief Structural Engineer
Advertising Category: Engineering/Design
Location of Job: Pretoria
, GT 181 ZA (Primary)
- Manage the Structural Engineering and Design function in the company on a day to day basis.
- Ensure that the Structural Engineering and Design group is deployed optimally with regards to resource utilization.
- Provide overall technical guidance for the group, as well as mentor and develops Junior and Engineer level staff in the group.
- Assign Lead Engineers and all Engineering and Design personnel to meet project requirements
- Responsible for coaching, teaching, mentoring and effective supervision of discipline personnel
- Develops Engineering and Design specific plans for project execution
- Determines discipline organization for the Company and provides input for various projects across the various Customer Sector Groups and Business Lines.
- Responsible for annual and intermittent staff appraisals within the discipline
- Initiates discipline scope of work and services for new projects
- Responsible for developing and implementing administrative and technical practices, specifications, and procedures
- Review and assists in compiling of discipline ADCs (Activity Detail Costing). Review estimates with Engineering and Project Control Management for approval and submission to Project Engineering Management for further action.
- Develops and maintains the discipline Manpower Work Plan. Establish project need dates for assignment of all personnel
- Initiates and approves the development of specific standards and specifications. Has single point accountability for the upkeep of storage and listing of all discipline specific standards stored on the computer network.
- Approves project task and deliverables plans for discipline
- Attends kick-off, Project staff, Customer, Construction, Supplier/Vendor reviews or other meetings as and when required
- Maintains good working relationship with Customers and helps win work as Discipline expert
- Liaise with other Discipline Chief Engineers to assure accurate, timely communications and flow of information is taking place to meet best overall Project Delivery outcome
- Liaise with other Structural Lead Engineers in other SA locations, and nominate or appoint the Lead engineers if not in place for a location.
- Responsible for the discipline section of the Project Procedure Manual & Project Execution Plan
- Discuss deviations in job scope, estimates changes, and Variation Orders for approval and submission to Project Engineering Manager.
- Monitors and reports on discipline and overall project Engineering schedules, change orders and progress to Project Engineering Management
- Responsible for overall quality control with-in the discipline function.
- Coordinates field / construction queries for resolutions after project demobilization or where applicable
- Implement Lessons Learnt and improve quality procedures for the group.
- Reviewing changes in discipline design codes and implement these changes in company standards and future designs
- Set the direction and vision for the disciplines with the co-operation of other Engineering disciplines. To continuously monitor and improve working practices and culture to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Preferably 15 years plus relevant experience, depending on the individual, prior experience and additional training
- Knowledge of EPCM project delivery in several of the Hydrocarbons, Power, Mineral, Metals and Chemicals or Infrastructure industry sectors
- Preferably 3 to 5 years of relevant Project Lead Engineer experience
- Must have a Civil or Structural Engineering degree from a recognized university
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with the ECSA
How to Apply Chief Structural Engineer Vacancies
Click on this link to apply online