Posted on :
31 May, 2016
31 May, 2016
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
The Business Entity
Sales and services Finance (SSF) in EMEAR provides significant business partnering and analytical support to the Cisco sales force.
The team is responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting performance across the P&L, including bookings, revenue, gross margin, and operating expenses, Financial Planning and Analysis.
Role & Responsibilities
This role provides significant business partnering and analytical support to the Sales & Services organisations in the Africa continent.
● Act as Trusted Advisor to various sales teams, supporting business segments and providing quality financial and business support.
● Provide reporting & analysis to Sales leaders and their management team in a timely fashion.
● Management of budgeting, forecasting, expenses and headcount.
● Engagement with customers and partners on credit and commercial solutions.
● Provide finance support on goaling, compensation planning, commissions, as well as allocation of team goals to the assigned sales teams
● Drive cost savings initiatives and share best practices across theatres.
● Work in a cross-functional environment, collaborates with other finance teams, and orchestrates cross-functional projects and initiatives
● Degree level qualification
● CPA, ACCA, CIMA achieved or in progress (Essential)
● 5-7 years professional experience in Financial Analysis / Accounting/Controllership..
● Technology/Telecoms/IT industry experience preferable but not essential
● Data analysis and financial modeling experience (Essential)
● Strong business acumen and partnering skills, with ability to effectively challenge and influence business stakeholders
● Good communicator, able to discuss issues with teams and management with clarity and diplomacy – able to present to sales teams where necessary
● Strong sense of autonomy and creativity with strong customer service skills
● Highly motivated proactive team player with ability to both leverage off other functions and drive towards wider Cisco objectives
● Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines.