Posted on :
7 Jan, 2015
7 Jan, 2015
Employer: Murray & Roberts
Murray & Roberts Power & Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Commercial Contract Administrator to be based at Secunda and reporting to the Operations Executive – Oil & Gas.
Purpose of the job:
The Commercial Contracts Administrator will assist the Operations Executive – Oil & Gas in the process of securing and maintaining Murray & Roberts Power & Energy’ rights and entitlement under the conditions of the contracts awarded by the Client(s) and ensuring commercial compliance with all.
Key Perfomance Indicators:
• Contracts support and assistance.
• Management and functional reporting.
• Contracts management and administration.
• Information and communication.
• Dispute resolution.
• Payment processing.
• Register and schedule maintenance.
• Cost estimate and control.
• Document management.
• Policies, procedures and standards compliance.
• Analysing / scrutinizing the proposed contract(s) from the client in order to identify any possible risk and or contractual exposure.
• Proposing of alternative contractual agreements in order to protect MRPE from unwanted risk.
1. Provide Contractual advice and support to the site team.
2. Help secure and maintain Contractual entitlements and claims opportunities.
3. Provide assistance and support to the Operations Executive with regards to Contracts.
4. Assist with the drafting of claims detailed particulars submissions.
5. Assist in the development of procedures and a standardised check list of conditions which must be reviewed to ensure the project is viable. Risk reviews
6. Assist in the development and reviewing of new and existing procedures relating to the Contract and Commercial Management for the project.
7. Contribute towards the preparation of management reports regarding contractual issues.
8. Ensure management is aware of the commercial aspects of the contract, particularly requirements for giving notice of extra work and delays.
9. Carry out the forensic investigation of contractual issues.
10. Advise members of projects on contractual issues.
11. Coordinate and attend all necessary meetings, liaise with clients/ sub-contractors and the site team to identify and handle contractual issues.
12. Assist with contractual issues and subcontract documentation for both Medupi and Kusile Power Projects.
13. Draft contractual correspondence/ notices and communicate them accordingly.
14. Assist the Operations Executive with regards to managing disputes.
15. Be responsible for dealing with all contractual disputes where required.
16. Ensure all commercial correspondence received from the Client(s) is closed out and captured in updated correspondence registers.
17. Ensure sub-contractor liability schedules are accurately maintained for all MRPE sub-contractors for area/ unit under control.
18. Prepare payment certificates for the correct payment of contractor’s invoices.
19. Prepare payment and progress reconciliations against contracts.
20. Implement his/ her contractual expertise on projects.
21. Where required, review tenders and contract documents to ensure the work is commercially viable and that all terms and conditions are acceptable and propose changes to contracts where necessary.
22. Estimate all costs for contracts, including:
a. Labour costs
b. Accommodation costs.
c. Transport costs including transport costs of materials, supplies and staff.
d. Material and manufacturing/ production costs.
23. Administer documentation by ensuring all documentation is filed and there is an appropriate quality control and quality assurance documentation system in place.
24. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
25. Carry out ad hoc tasks and assignments as directed.
• 6-8 years experience in the relevant field within a construction/ mining industry.
• Experience in producing, negotiating and settling loss, expense and extension of time Claims.
• Experience of alternative dispute resolution would be a plus.
• Must be fully conversant with NEC3 suite of contracts.
• Must have experience with dealing with Sasol in a contract management environment
• Good communication skills
• Output driven
• People orientated
• Quality conscious.
• Service driven
• Attentive to detail
• Emotionally Mature
• A LLB or equivalent degree in a legal or related field. – Please note that this job may expire at any time, for operational reasons. Advert closing dates may vary from those published on job boards and third party sites. Please double-check the closing date before applying
How to Apply
Apply before Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.