Posted on :
10 Jun, 2016
10 Jun, 2016
Customer Experience Manager – Africa
The Business Entity
In today’s hyper-connected, always-on world, brands are fighting for customers’ attention. Cisco Marketing’s vision is be an innovative leader in real-time, personalized marketing and communication and we believe our opportunity to achieve this lies in creating unified, omni-channel digital and human experiences.
We’ve thought long and hard about how we deliver upon our vision and quite simply, it starts with placing our customers at the heart of everything we do. Creating a customer experience that wows and delights our customers is our North Star and we are looking for outstanding marketers to help us realise our ambition. If you think you can help Cisco stand out from the rest of the IT crowd and the thought of transforming the way the world lives, works, learns and plays excites you, then we want to hear from you!
EMEAR Marketing contains eight theatres covering 121 countries across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia (EMEAR). Over the past three years this region has experienced a period of exponential growth and in the last fiscal generated $2B worth of sales leads. This growing region is at the beginning of an exciting transformation programme as it prepares for the next stage of growth and evolution.
Come join the fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEwZrSoZccI&feature=youtu.be
Role & Responsibilities
The Customer Experience Manager will have overall responsibility for the implementation of the marketing plan for their selected Audience ie. Segment or Industry.
They are responsible for planning all the marketing interactions and touch points in support of the customer journey, experience and agreeing goals for the region/country in which they operate. This requires a thorough understanding and planning across audiences, channels, digital and media for their area and optimising work across the team accordingly. They are expected to be the key point of contact for the sales organisation for their area of responsibility within the country in which they operate.
The person must be knowledgable and constantly sourcing customer and competitor insights on markets they serve. They need to identify audience behaviours and monitor marketing/content performance to enable them to plan effectively and act as an advisor to the business. This will require close alignment with the Country Sales, Partner, Business Unit and Global teams.
This role requires close collaboration and work with the rest of the country marketing team. Namely the Content Managing Editor in the planning of the content needs in support of their plan, the Content Storytellers, Marketing Communication, Digital team and (where relevant) the Partner marketing teams to deliver that content (within the overall plan for the country across all audiences).
The audience experience plans will be documented and shared within the country team and with Customer Experience Managers across the region and globally. This will facilitate best practice sharing and allow for optimisation of plans across the region and globally.
• Working with the Content Storytellers, Marketing Communication and Digital teams to build a marketing ‘customer journey’, that provides a continuous experience for their Audience across all channels. This will require cross-functional integration and orchestration.
• Alongside the Content Storytellers develops messaging, key themes and value proposition for their Audience.
• Manage the planning and implementation of marketing activities/touchpoints for their Audience.
• Establishes an audience-centric culture.
• Voice of the customer for your segment/industry – you are the audience expert.
• Captures audience knowledge and data insights to inform marketing and sales planning.
• Overall responsibility for the marketing goals for their Audience from top to bottom of the marketing funnel.
• Optimises the marketing mix to maximise marketing performance and results.
• Liaison and performance review with Cisco’s call centre and external agencies delivering customer engagement including leads.
Desired Skills & Minimum Qualifications
– Fluent in English (spoken and written)
– 5+ years of professional marketing experience in the technology industry.
– Ability to build and influence a team of cross-department stakeholders.
– Confident communicator at a senior level.
– Deep understanding of the target Segment/Industry/Audience.
– Quantitative and qualitative research application knowledge.
– Familiarity with/generalist-level experience across multiple modern marketing disciplines.
– Experienced in all the elements of putting together a campaign including the planning, strategy, execution and distribution.
– Excellent organisation and project management skills
– Works well with others as part of a physical or virtual team.
– A good understanding of Cisco’s Product and Services is considered a plus.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.