Posted on :
23 Jan, 2014
23 Jan, 2014
Date: Jan 10, 2014
Location: WOODMEAD, Gauteng, ZA
Job ID: 5605-en_US
3M is seeking a Customer Service representative for the Supply Chain & Logistics Group located in Woodmead, Sandton
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M – a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
1. Follow all Procedures and Policies as set out for the Customer Service Group. I.e. the Order Management Procedures, Goods Returns Procedures with strict adherence and Compliance, Policies of all Company 3M South Africa, under general guidance from Quality Control & ISO Standards, such as customer inquiries, claims and complaints, customer training, call centre activity, invoicing and order management, etc.
2. Works independently, although the scope for discretion is limited and the output is reviewed periodically while in progress. The work priorities are defined with the manager and in conjunction with the Customer Scorecard Objectives.
3. Provides Support & Guidance to the Internal Customers, inclusive of the Sales & Marketing Teams & Fellow team members within CSR function , within the respective Business Units , assists in price validation and order validation, and at times you will be required to do “cold calling” to customers to obtain orders on time and resolve any concerns derived from the Customer Service Function. Level co-workers within the same or job-related work group.
4. Handles inquiries of moderate scope and complexity. Uses basic analytical skills to interpret information, examine variables, draw conclusions, and assess alternative methods. Complex problem solving may require the use of increased judgment to handle some variations in conditions or operations, making decisions based on selecting from alternative courses of action using greater adaptation to circumstances when necessary.
5. To ensure that Decisions or actions may not impact the operational effectiveness of work operations, schedules, or performance goals.
6. Timeous Order Processing – Cut Off times to be adhered to, Orders processed for the correct zone delivery schedules – If not done then cost implications on Logistics. Basic/Minimum Qualifications:
– Matric and related qualifications
– Minimum 5 years related job experience in high pressured environment on order processing.
– Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
– Be able to provide a value added service to our customers in terms of a pre-sale, sale and after sale support and query resolution.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an Equal opportunity employer and as part of our our recruitment strategy we aim to promote and develop from Internal. Let us work together to develop your career within 3M.
Posting Notes: ||WOODMEAD ||Gauteng ||South Africa ||N/A ||
Job Segments: Customer Service Representative, Customer Service, Logistics, Supply, QC, Operations, Quality