Posted on :
15 Nov, 2013
15 Nov, 2013
The Department of Energy is responsible for ensuring exploration, development, processing, utilisation and management of South Africa’s mineral and energy resources. As the country’s economy continues to grow, energy is increasingly becoming a key focus. Therefore they are currently offering internships for 2014/2015 to promising students who can contribute to this departments important work.
Diploma/Degree Public Management & Administration (Ref: DOE/01)
Diploma Legal Assistance/LLB Degree (Ref: DOE/02)
Diploma/B.Sc Chemical Engineering/Electrical Engineering (Ref: DOE/03)
Diploma/Degree Development Studies/Project Management (Ref: DOE/04)
Diploma/Degree International Relations & Studies (Ref: DOE/05)
Diploma/Degree Accounting & Financial Management (Ref: DOE/06)
Diploma/Degree Political Studies (Ref: DOE/07)
B.Sc Honours in Physics, Chemistry & Nuclear Science (Ref: DOE/08)
Diploma/Degree Environmental Science/Management (Ref: DOE/09)
Degree Economics (Ref: DOE/10)
Diploma/Degree Human Resource Management (Ref: DOE/11)
Diploma/Degree IT/Computer Science (Ref: DOE/12)
Mpumalanga, North West, Eastern Cape, Northern Cape, Western Cape, Free State, Limpopo, KwaZulu-Natal, Gauteng.
Diploma/Degree Public Management & Administration (Ref:DOE/13)
Knowledge of Batho Pele Principles PLUS the following key competencies:
Skills: Report writing.
Communication: Verbal and written, Proficiency in at least two official languages (one must be English).
Creativity: Innovative, Articulate, Good listener, Ability to work in a team, Ability to work under pressure, Open-minded, Ability to put other people first (Ubuntu), Must be professional, honest, ethical, accountable and have a sense of integrity.
• Applications will only be considered from South African citizens; aged between 18 and 35 years
• Candidates who have already participated in an Internship programme in any Government department will NOT be considered
• Applications should be made on form Z83 (Download here) and accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of all qualifications and Identity Document
• Application forms should be signed and dated. If this is not done, applications will be disqualified
• Candidates must indicate their preferred province on the top of the Z83 form
• Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
• Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please take note that all qualifications are subject to verification
• Successful candidates will be appointed on an Internship Programme for a period of 12 months • Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Should you not be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
NB: E-mailed, faxed and/or late applications will not be considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please forward your application, marked for the attention of Ms Eva Masipa/Mr Sebotse Malatji, by post to:
The Director-General, Department of Energy, Private Bag x96, Pretoria 0001
Or hand deliver to: The Department of Energy, 192 cnr Visagie and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria.
Please direct all enquiries to Ms Eva Masipa, tel. (012) 406-7405 or Mr Sebotse Malatji, tel. (012) 406-7406
All applications must be sent to the address provided above and not to the specific region(s).
Salary: Minimum stipend R5 667.50
Candidates must indicate their preferred Province at the top of the Z83 form (download here)
Minimum Requirements: Applicants must have a diploma or degree in any of the fields as specified below.