Closing Date: 25 November 2016
Are you an unemployed graduate holding SA citizenship, in possession of an undermentioned NQF level 7 qualification, are known for being a hard worker, motivated and disciplined?
The Department of Home Affairs is proud to announce its 12-month Graduate Internship Programme, where you will get the chance to gain valuable work experience – thereby getting you ready for the world of work. The Department is offering a stipend of R5 000 per month and upon completion of the Programme, you will receive a Certificate of Service. The Programme will run at different Provincial and District Offices throughout South Africa.
- Head Office (Hallmark) (30 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1)
- Eastern Cape (19 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1a)
- Free State (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1b)
- Gauteng (21 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1c)
- KwaZulu-Natal (23 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1d)
- Limpopo (21 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1e)
- Mpumalanga (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1f)
- Northern Cape (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1g)
- North West (18 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1h)
- Western Cape (17 Posts) (Ref. HRMC 62/16/1i)
- A 3-year National Diploma / Degree in Finance / Accounting or an equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
- Basic computer literacy
- Hard worker, motivated and disciplined
- A valid driver’s licence will be preferred.
- Asset physical verification
- Perform general administrative and records management duties
- Account reconciliation
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Clear bank exceptions
- Preference will be given to candidates from the local area where the Programme is based
- The roles will require some physica l duties, ie carrying boxes off shelves, moving boxes to other offi ces, spending long hours standing.
- Candidates who have already participated in an Internship Programme in any Government Department will NOT be considered
- Applications must be made on a fully completed, signed and dated form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or Government website, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certifi ed copies of all qualifications, Identification Document and a certifi ed copy of a driver’s licence where in possession of such
- As part of our vetting process, all candidates will be subjected to the following checks: * Credit clearance * Criminal check * Qualification verifi cation * Reference check (verbal) * Citizenship check.
How To Apply
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to the relevant Department of Home Affairs Office as indicated below:
- Free State Province: Postal Address: PO Box 12262, Brandhof 9324; Physical Address: 40 Victoria Road, Willows, Bloemfontein 9301
- Gauteng Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X108, Braamfontein 2017; Physical Address: 3rd Floor, Mineralia Building, cnr De Beer and De Korte Streets, Braamfontein 2017
- Head Office: Postal Address: Private Bag X114, Pretoria 0001, Physical Address: 232 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) Street, cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) Street, Pretoria 0002
- KwaZulu-Natal Province: Postal Address: PO Box 09, Scottsville 3209; Physical address: 181 Church Street, Pietermaritzburg 3200
- Limpopo Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X9517, Polokwane 0700; Physical Address: 89 Biccard Street, Polokwane 0699
- Mpumalanga Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X11264, Nelspruit 1200; Physical Address: 29 Bester Street, Nelspruit 1200
- North West Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X 119, Mmabatho 2735; Physical Address: Cnr Sheppard and Carrington Streets, Mafi keng 2745
- Northern Cape Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X6073, Kimberley 8300; Physical Address: 2nd Floor, Absa CBD Building, 69 Du Toit Span Road, Kimberley 8300
- Western Cape Province: Postal Address: Private Bag X9103, Cape Town 8000; Physical Address: 4th Floor, Faircape Building, 56 Barrack Street, Cape Town 8001
- Eastern Cape Province: Postal Address: Private Bag 7413, King William’s Town 5600; Physical Address: 11 Hargreaves Avenue, King William’s Town 5600 Enquiries: Mr JS Modipa, tel. (012) 406-4243 or Ms Iris Dibakwane, tel. (012) 406-4195