The purpose of the role is to deliver the design, coding, testing and documenting of integrated systems in accordance with agreed standards.
- Coding software in keeping with given specification and according to defined programming guidelines (e.g., methodology, structure, code comments).
- Unit testing of the developed new software or changes to existing software.
- Fixing bugs in the software based on testing results.
- Preparing technical documentation guides for the software.
- Create requirements package
- Update, modify and enhance existing software and applications.
- Code software programs and applications in keeping with given design and
- Conduct unit testing as specified in the unit test plan, and document the outcomes in order to ensure that the code developed is error free.
- Implement fixes to resolve any identified unit and system testing issues / errors.
- Assist with all test phases and implement fixes according to identified errors.
- Analyse, identify and troubleshoot issues encountered in production and / or reported by customers / users by analysing and debugging code.
- Analysing (Familiar with)
- Delivering Results & meeting customer expectations
- Presenting & Communicating Information (Awareness)
- Learning & Research (Familiar with)
- Creating & innovating (Familiar with)
- Deciding & Initiating action (Familiar with)
- Working with people (Familiar with)
- The appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field, compulsory.
- Knowledge of at least one current programming language and methodology,
- Specialization in at least one current programming language and methodology,
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Programming in relevant programming language(s).
- Experience in Programming for Financial Services Industry, advantageous.
- Exposure in application Knowledge for Support.
- Exposure in Compliance Audit.
- Exposure in Development.
- Exposure in Quality Assurance.
- Elementary exposure in Testing.
- No Criminal record
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens and Permanent residents of South Africa in possession of proof of permanent resident status