Posted on :
25 May, 2010
25 May, 2010
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of international brands across spirits, wine and beer. Many of our brands have been around for generations, while some have been developed more recently to meet new consumer tastes and experiences. Diageo South Africa recruits: Customer Service Officers
JOB TITLE: CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER
Reports to: Customer Liaison Manager
Location: Melrose Arch
· Average call frequency:
· Minimum 150 outgoing calls per week
· Minimum 250 incoming calls per week
· Maintain and develop business with existing customers.
· Identify opportunities for developing our business
Achieve set targets by:
· Use of Successful Sales Though Service techniques
· Correct steps of the call
· Planning customer calls, setting specific objectives.
· Identifying and resolving customer service issues.
· Brand promotion through accurate and updated product knowledge.
· Utilisation of deals and other tools
§ Contact all customers as per daily activity schedule
· Ensure a single point of contact for customers – be able to handle all aspects of the call / query.
· Maintain an accurate database
· Check stock and take action to resolve any out of stock situation
§ Deliver proposals using the agreed persuasive selling process
· Daily reports to be extracted and managed via SAP
· Daily/Weekly and Monthly report submissions to Customer Service Coordinators
· Customer base
· Order to Cash Team
· Commercial Teams
· Supply Chain
· Minimum matric school leaving certificate
· Appropriate tertiary qualification (degree / diploma) an advantage.
· Analytical, Good communicator, Selling skills
· Negotiating skills, Planning and scheduling
· Time management and effective admin
· Influencing skills
· Constructively challenges processes, peers and Management
· Objective setting, PC-skills
· Using own initiative, Problem solving
· Interpersonal skills i.e. assertiveness, excellent telephone skills, good self-esteem and ability to deal with difficult customers and conflict, especially over cultural barriers.
· Customer focused and demanding of high standards of service.
· Able to remain closely in touch with day today issues (and deal with detail).
· Sets high standards for themselves
· Appropriate language skills
· Ability to work and succeed under pressure.
· A team player
· Monitor performance against objectives
· Lives the Brandhouse values
· An energetic self-starter – minimal supervision
· Commercially Astute:
· Understands implications of actions on the business, and has consumer insight.
· Demonstrates Integrity:
· Honest in opinions, takes Responsibility and acts to values.
Brandhouse culture;In depth product knowledge and understanding; Details of all available deals readily available;Fair understanding of Credit Control related issues including the ability to do a simple reconciliation;Up to date with current and forthcoming changes within the Liquor Industry;SAP; Windows 2000 / MS Office
Two years work experience within a Customer Services related environment & One-year previous sales experience in a FMCG environment an advantage.