Posted on :
4 Jan, 2011
4 Jan, 2011
Dimension Data is a specialist IT services and solution provider, helps clients plan, build, support and manage their IT infrastructures. Today we are positioned at the forefront of networking and communications in 47 countries around the world. Dimension Data South Africa recruits Graduate – Contracts Manager
Graduate – Contracts Manager
Primary Location : MEA-ZA-Western Cape
Target Start Date : Feb 1, 2011
Number of Openings : 1
Prior work experience in an IT related environment would be advantageous, however, any work experience you have will help to build your confidence and broaden your horizons. We will take into consideration any internships, part-time work or summer programmes you may have been involved in. Entrepreneurial ventures, however small, can also provide excellent opportunities for you to gain important skills such as project management, communication, business acumen and technical skills.
The extra things that you do outside of your school work or study time can really set you apart from other candidates. Getting involved in your school or community reveals a lot about your character. It also helps you to develop skills that are very important to employers such as leadership, teamwork, communication, organisational ability and time management. Have you ever been elected into a leadership position? Have you volunteered for community work? Have you been involved in social clubs or groups? Have you worked as a tutor, counsellor, coach or teaching assistant? Have you participated in sports teams? Have you taken part in any academic or cultural competitions? All these things are of interest to your interviewer, so make sure you mention them!
We look at a variety of aspects to your academic background, such as your grades, degree / diploma level, languages spoken, special projects and any awards or scholarships you may have received. Although for this particular position we need people with a Sciences or Engineering background.
• Engineering (i.e. mechanical, electrical, civil, software, telecom, etc)
• Sciences (i.e. computer and information sciences, applied mathematics, information technology, information systems, etc)
Some of the personal attributes that we seek are:
• A good fit for the company i.e. ability to live the Dimension Data values (teamwork, personal commitment, professional excellence, multi-cultural strength, partnership and proactivity)
• Strong interpersonal skills and leadership potential
• Ability and willingness to develop required technical and business skills
• Academic ability
• Willingness for continuous career growth and learning
• Commitment and enthusiasm