Posted on :
1 Dec, 2010
1 Dec, 2010
Dimension Data was founded in 1983 in South Africa and today operates in 49 countries on six continents. Our growth has been driven by our clients’ need to operate efficiently in an environment where collaborative partnerships and the intelligent network have emerged as the two most important business enablers. Our heritage in networking and deep understanding of network-related technologies differentiate us from our competitors. Moving forward into the future, our focus has evolved to adapting the design, management and development of business technology to be a better servant to the greater business and use it as a tool to drive innovation, enable market leadership and make companies tighter, better, more cost-effective and competitive.
Primary Location: MEA-ZA-Gauteng
Target Start Date: Jan 3, 2011
Number of Openings: 1
Internet Solutions (IS) is Southern Africa’s most established and experienced Internet Service Provider. Since 1993, IS has been providing end-to-end connectivity solutions and related services across the African continent. Having received an ECNS license in 2008, IS is now also able to self-provision, enabling the company to deliver fully aggregated telecommunications services to the South African market.
Internet Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dimension Data and is certified as a 110% B-BBEE compliant company, meeting the Level 3 contribution requirements to achieve this status.
General Role Expectations
The objective of the role is to manage and lead a team of Service Managers whose responsibility it is to establish and maintain a good relationship between Internet Solutions and the customer based on the understanding of the customer and their business drivers.
• Provide the governance and direction for Service Management across all IS contracts and as such:
o Coach and mentor all SMs;
o Set-up biannual Performance Promises;
o Perform Performance Reviews;
o Set-up and manage Personal Development Plans for all SMs;
o Set-up and audit Service Management standards and procedures across IS;
o Responsible for monitoring client satisfaction across accounts and running service management interventions as and when required;
o Manage any customer escalations;
o Regularly join Service Managers in meetings with key customers;
o Contribute to and support the ISO20K programme.
Main Duties / Key Deliverables
Service Management Processes and Procedures:
• Development of generic processes and procedures;
• Coaching and guiding Service Manager to create client specific processes and procedures;
• Developing audit and checking mechanisms to govern the adoption and adherence of the process and procedures.
People and Culture:
• Establishing and facilitating monthly Service Management forums;
• Compiling and executing on Service Management development plans;
• Assisting with recruitment of staff;
• Assisting with performance reviews of Service Manager;
• Assisting with changes in assignments of Service Managers and accounts;
• Coaching and mentoring of Service Managers on all aspects of Service Management.
• Provide input to proposals – content and financial;
• Participating in client steering committees;
• Provide input to legal contracts and SLAs;
• Ensure compliance with all Client policies and procedures (in conjunction with Account Managers and Contract Directors);
• Own any feedback that needs follow-up from client satisfaction reviews;
• Own and manage any customer escalations.
Business / Delivery Management:
• Provide input into customers’ Continuous Service Improvement Plans and progress reviews of them;
• Assists Contract Directors and Account Managers to identify service expansion opportunities in their accounts;
• Ensure processes in place are adhere to;
• Assists with contract renewals;
• Provide input to RFPs and tenders.
3rd Party Management:
• Ensure Service Management processes and procedures for 3rd parties are in place and are being adhered.
• Ensure that all agreed reports are compiled, reviewed and acted on by all Service Manager;
• Feedback on the professionalism of all reports.
Requirements: Education, Training (Certification) and Experience
• Formal training and experience on ITIL V3;
• At least 5 years experience in the IT/ISP Industry;
• Sound commercial and business acumen;
• Strong track record in IT Service Management;
• Excellent communication skills.
Personal Skills and Attributes Required
• Strong People Manager
• Attention to detail
• Possess strong management skills
• Technical aptitude
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Take charge (Ownership)
• Excellent Communicator
• Stress tolerant
• Strong writing skills
• Good relationship builder
• Analytical problem solving skills
• Instill of sense of confidence
How to apply:
Click on this link:
select basic search; then Location as Africa and apply.