Eastern Cape Home Affairs Department Jobs for Senior Administrative Officer
REF NO: HRMC 66/13/4
SALARY : Basic salary of R212 106 to R249 849 (Level 8). In addition, a range of competitive service benefits are offered.
CENTRE : Eastern Cape: Large Office Umtata
A 3 year Degree or Diploma in Financial Management / Accounting or a relevant NQF level 6 qualification in the related field 1 year’ experience in the finance environment and/or Grade 12 Certificate with 3 years’ in the finance environment
• Sound Supervisory experience
• Knowledge of PFMA, Treasury Regulations, and knowledge of basic accounting system, Logis, Asset Management, Revenue collection, banking, financial administrations and supply chain management. Computer literacy and willingness to work extended hours (including weekends and/or holidays) are essential
• A valid driver’s licence.
DUTIES : The successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst other the following specific tasks:
•Supporting the Regional or District Manager in Recording revenue received, including daily reconciliation
• Ensuring that cash received is deposited timeously
• Undertaking the management of petty cash
• Undertaking the procurement of goods and services in terms of the departmental supply chain management policies and procedures
• Ensuring that invoices are paid within 30 days, as per Treasury Regulations
• Managing assets, including bar coding, verification and disposals. Preparing budget and monitoring same
• Undertaking monthly reconciliation and financial reporting
• Filling and safeguarding financial records
• Identifying fruitless, wasteful and irregular expenditure
• Overseeing Government Garage fleet management, including reporting losses to the Loss Control Committee.
How to Apply for Eastern Cape Home Affairs Department – Senior Administrative Officer Jobs
APPLICATIONS : Applications must be sent to the correct address as indicated below, to reach the address on or before the closing date. Applications sent to a wrong address and/or received after the closing date or those that do not comply with the requirements, will not be taken into consideration.
In the event of hand-delivery of applications, applicants must sign an application register as proof of application. Kindly ensure that the relevant reference number is quoted and applications are directed to the relevant province as indicated below:
Direct applications to:
The Department of Home Affairs, Eastern Cape Province:
Postal address: Private Box 7413,
King Williams Town, 5600,
11 Hargreaves Avenue,
King William’s Town,
Head Office: Postal address:
Private Bag X114,
The Hallmark Building,
Corner Johannes Ramokhoase & Thabo Sehume Street,
Postal Address: Private Bag X11464,
Bateleur Building 16 Nel Street,
CLOSING DATE : 23 August 2013
NOTE : Applications must be submitted on the Application for Employment Form (Z.83), obtainable from any Public Service department or at www.gov.za and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV, including the details of at least two contactable referees (should be people who recently worked with the applicant) and certified copies of qualifications and identity document (with an original certification stamp). It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of foreign qualifications to submit evaluated results by the South African Qualifications Authority. Where a valid driver’s licence is a requirement, applicants must attach certified copies of such licences. No faxes or e-mailed applications will be considered. If no contact is made within three months of the closing date, please accept that the application was unsuccessful. Successful candidates will be required to enter into a performance agreement and be subjected to security clearance procedures. Successful candidates may be required to undergo a competency assessment. Candidates who possess a tertiary qualification, as well as those who promote representivity (especially People with Disability), will receive preference.
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging career in a rapidly changing organisation? The Department of Home Affairs has embarked on an extensive turnaround programme, aimed at developing a culture of responsiveness and improved service delivery. We are looking for committed, passionate and talented individuals to form part of a new leadership team, equipped with the right skills to deliver a world-class service. If you have what it takes to serve the needs of South Africa’s citizens, residents and visitors – and your credentials meet the requirements of any of the following positions,- then respond before the closing date. Join our leadership team in transforming our vision into a reality.
ENQUIRIES : Eastern Cape: Mr L Jama, Tel: (043) 6046406
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE NEW JOBS BY EMAIL AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS.