Closing Date: 29 February 2016
Location: Kempton Park
DB Schenker has 2 internship opportunities for students who have completed their formal Education, Training and Development Qualifications (L&D Practitioner). The duration of the internship is 12 months and provides an opportunity to acquire focused work experience in the field of Learning and Development at the Corporate Head Office of DB Schenker in Johannesburg. Interns will be assisting in the L & D activities associated with the DB Schenker Learning & Development.
Assist in coordination and support of a range of L & D activities for the DB Schenker:
- Execute and coordinate training registrations
- Administer and process learning records/documents and course materials
- Coordinate and prepare documentation for submission of tranche claims
- Maintain electronic training calendar
- Book training venues, invite attendees, arrange catering
- Prepare venues with required equipment, stationery and hand-outs relevant to the requirements of each particular training session
- Prioritise tasks and raise concerns of overlapping activities
- Administer the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Assist with learner induction
- Liaise with learners relating to study matters and work experience rotation
- Process invoices and upload electronically
- Creation and formatting of training materials
- FET Certificate: Occupationally-directed Education Training and Development Practices (NQF4) or equivalent
- National Certificate/Diploma: Occupationally-directed Education Training and Development Practices (NQF5) or equivalent
Skills And Competencies
- Excellent communication – verbal and written
- Strong administrative ability with above average attention to detail and accuracy
- Well-developed planning and organising practises
- Ability to function well within a team
- Problem solving
- Deadline driven, commitment and strong drive to succeed
- Ability to interact well with people
- Stress resilient and ability to function in a fast paced operational environment
- Professionalism and ethical orientation towards work environment
How To Apply
Interested individuals who meet the internship requirements are encouraged to submit their CV’s to Leanne Channer ([email protected] ) or Tinny Hlaise ([email protected] ).
Candidates who are short listed will be requested to complete a standard selection assessment.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.