Electrical Sales Engineer Job Vacancies
Employee category – Regular
AutoReqId – 63261BR
Business Function – Marketing and Sales
Group – Electrical/EMEA
Division – Electrical Sector
Level 3-5 years
Travel Required Up to 75 percent
Job Description Eaton is looking for an Electrical Sales Engineer to drive and manage existing and new sales opportunities in Africa arising from the acquisition of Cooper Industries with a specific focus on the mining, oil & gas industries.
Job entails but is not limited to sourcing of new customers, development of offers, technical support, involvement in specific projects, developing and delivering customer training.
- Prepare quotations and lead commercial negotiations with customers in the territory. Understand the competitive environment and leverage that knowledge to position our bid appropriately in the marketplace.
- Own the sales objective and growth targets for the territory, making adjustments to ensure goals are achieved.
- Master Eaton s product portfolio in MV and LV Assemblies and software tools like Bid Manager to provide quick response times.
- Responsible for promotions, channel programs, association networking and lead process to maximize the pipeline for growth and return on sales. Coordinate Eaton s response to commercial issues and lead activities to ensure prompt response.
- Support the goals/objectives of the global Mining team, by maximizing coverage and relationships with local based mining customers.
- Provide system design assistance and application support to mining activities, like consulting engineers and channel partners in South-Africa, leveraging the local team. Design assistance includes product selection, layout, competitive comparison, elevation drawings, configuration, etc.
- Deliver training programs to customers on advanced topics including safety, reliability and product technology that differentiate Eaton in the marketplace.
- Gather customer feedback and provide input to product management in an effort to improve product acceptance in the marketplace and drive roadmap development.
- Work with marketing to identify new opportunities and be a key contributor to the commercial strategy development.
- Provide order management support as required, leveraging local and regional teams.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
– Degree or technical qualification in an engineering discipline, or technical sales experience.
– 5 years of progressive sales engineering experience.
– Knowledge of MV or LV Assembly products and applications.
– Exposure to mining, oil or gas industries.
– Fluency in English. Portuguese or French are nice to have.
Relocation benefit provided? – No
Region – Europe, Middle East, Africa
Country – South Africa
City – Johannesburg
How to Apply
Click on this link to apply online