Posted on :
8 Apr, 2014
8 Apr, 2014
Key Purpose To ensure technical integrity of the plant equipment by providing specialist technical support to the area, electrical maintenance & engineering management group, thereby enabling the Refinery to meet production targets in safe, efficient & cost effective manner
•Condition Monitoring of electrical distribution systems (Transformers, Switchgears and Motors)
•Root Cause Analysis techniques for electrical equipment failures on power systems
•Compilation of safety risk assessments and mitigation for electrical power systems
•Quality Assurance on electrical equipment installations and maintenance
•Technology improvement for electrical power systems
•Data analysis on equipment failures and reports
•Reliability Engineering for equipment strategies and bad actors on power systems
•Projects input on conceptual design and final acceptance
•Training/mentorship for supervision and artisans teams
•Vendor Mgt on quality assurance and auditing
•Reports on condition monitoring, root cause analysis and strategies for electrical power systems
•Database management for protection and power systems
•Budget compilation for electrical protection and power systems
•Legal Compliance driven and audit of electrical equipment and systems
Education & Experience
•National Diploma in Electrical studying towards BTech with 2 yrs industrial experience, min petrochemical experience or equivalent will be an advantage.
•Trade Test as electrician or Master Installation Electrician (MIE) will be added advantage.
•SAP systems working knowledge will be an added advantage.
•In dept knowledge of electrical power distribution and protection systems.
•Working knowledge of designs, installations, testing and commissioning of electrical power systems
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes Knowledge
•Internal & External electrical distribution systems layout
•Technical knowledge on power and protection systems
•Area team workflow processes
•Maintenance & Operating procedures
•Refinery Plant processes
•Engineering standards & codes (SANS)
•Analytical problem solving techniques.
•Working knowledge of Power system software tools
•Working knowledge protection relays and SCADA systems
•Planning & co-ordination
•Resilient to pressure
How to Apply
Important Information PLEASE NOTE:
1. All applications must be submitted to the contact details provided and in the manner requested.
2. If not submitted by the closing date, your application will automatically not be considered.
3. Engen does not guarantee that you will be called for an interview or appointed by virtue of your application.
4. Engen reserves the right not to make an appointment.
5. Engen’s approved Employment Equity plans and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
6. Shift Allowance phase out policy will apply should the appointed candidate be currently receiving shift allowance.
Closing date: 2014/04/16