The company is currently recruiting for a company secretary to provide high quality company secretarial services for the Firm’s legal entities and governance bodies. Key responsibilities:
- Preparing for meetings, including drafting of agendas, sending out documentation ahead of meetings.
- Attending meetings, taking minutes, timely distribution of minutes.
- In-between meetings, pro-actively follow up on matters requiring action.
- Ensure that all statutory records are filed with CIPRO and updated on a regular basis.
- Responsible for maintaining all statutory required registers eg. Company Register, Share Register etc.
- Responsible for drafting of Board of Directors resolutions and processing such.
- Filing of annual returns.
- Updating and amending the Articles of Association and Memorandum of Association to comply with the Companies Act of 2008 to be made effective.
- Advise the relevant governance bodies / members on any matters that may have an impact on the governance aspects of the various legal entities, e.g. changes in legislation, King III, etc.
- Ensure that all documentation required in terms of the Companies Act and any other applicable legislations are kept up to date, e.g. company registers, share allotments, movements in directors, etc.
- Certified with Institute of Chartered Secretaries (CIS).
- B.Comm or legal qualification.
- At least 3 years as a Company Secretary or in a Company Secretarial division of a professional services firm.
- Excellent minute taking skills and ability to distil complex topics into concise minutes.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. Companies Act, King IV, etc.
- Experience in completing relevant forms and knowledge of the workings of CIPRO’s offices.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on ability to build and maintain relationships and working within a team.
- Good project management / organisational skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal language skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Ability to deal with senior executives, i.e. CEO, Chairman, etc.
- Willingness to travel if required to do so.
Who we are At Ernst & Young we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world’s most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At Ernst & Young you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It’s how you make a difference.
Click here to Apply Ernst & Young South Africa online