- Development and implementation of effective training strategies which enhance the Brand’s (Estee Lauder, Clinique, ADF and Tom Ford) ability to deliver high quality products and services.
- Focus on customer service, development of sales strategies and achieving improved retail sales productivity.
- Interaction with Sales and Marketing areas to ensure training activities are fully integrated with Brand objectives.
Ensures Customer and Market Growth:
- Customise International Training Programs per Brand, to ensure relevance to African Market and rollout to Field.
- Develop and conduct specific training programs for African market
- Reinforce positive performance and motivate staff to develop themselves in achieving skills and performance targets
- Instil and enforce a sense of loyalty and commitment to the Corporation and Brands by motivating and communication.
Manages Operational Effectiveness:
- Plan, prepare and distribute Annual Education Calendar per Brand
- Prepare a Staff Turnover Report on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that all NY reports get submitted timeously.
- Develops, reconciles and manages the SSA Education Budget allocating funds for education to meet specific needs of the businesses.
- Negotiate hotel and travelling rates, accommodation and meals for training sessions and seminars
- Manage uniform quantities and costing via Distributors.
- Prepare and present to retail partners as required
- Establish and maintain comprehensive information system on all education/ training materials relating to product knowledge, display concepts, sales techniques, promotional programs and system / procedural requirements
Improves Business Processes:
- Ongoing infield assessment of retail staff skills and training needs. Analyse productivity (IPT) versus strategic targets.
- Follow up on training to ascertain retention of information from training sessions
Lead and Develop People
- Coach and develop to ensure short and long term objectives achieved
- Provide continual transfer of knowledge between this position and the Distributors, ensuring skills and knowledge remain current
- Establish high workplace operating standards and values
- Clearly communicate priorities and results with Distributors
- Elicits diverse points of view and acknowledges the views and contributions of others
- Maintains appropriate communication with different functional areas of the SSA Brands, and with New York when required
- Tertiary Qualifications – Essential (e.g. Education; Human Resources Degree with business focus OR Communication / Business Degree with Training major)
- Valid Passport and Drivers license.
- Extensive travel into Sub Saharan African countries.
- 5 years in similar position ideally in the Cosmetics Industry or related industry at national management level- desirable
- Minimum 5 years experience with contemporary Adult Learning Strategies, with demonstrated training skills gained in a retail or service related industry – Essential
- Previous experience within Sub Saharan Africa advantageous.
- Confident and Innovative
- Broad / Strategic thinker.
- Strong Communicator who is persuasive and engaging.
- Self starter who can operate without direct supervision.
- Embrace constant change and pressure.