Posted on :
8 Oct, 2013
8 Oct, 2013
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the execution of maintenance requests and works orders to the desired
standard. Feedback on tasks undertaken once completed to improve equipment history.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
· Availability of plant equipment – measured by downtime versus running time.
· Man hour utilisation – measured in man hours utilised versus planned hours.
· Downtime of equipment – measured by length of time equipment is out of production.
· As an advocate of safe working principles, the philosophy of Zero Harm needs to be
practised and adhered to, with continuous improvement of safety performance.
· Improve the standard of housekeeping in areas of responsibility and actively promote the
implementation of 6S.
· Adherence to set targets with regards to pro-active safety tools.
· Be conversant on all plant specific baseline risk assessments and S.W.P’s which will be
made freely available.
· Ensure a high level of quality on all tasks undertaken.
· Ensure that the information returned on works orders is complete and aid with improving
· Execute assigned work as per works order/task list.
· Record maintenance activities on job cards for analysis and capture by planning function.
· Requisition of supplies from buffer stores.
· Improve the utilisation of resources to ensure full use of available human resource and
ensure skills transfer takes place within the section through effective implementation of
performance and development activities.
· Proactively raise notifications/improvements.
· Ensure that work is carried out in the correct manner, as required.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
· Planning and Coordination
· Decision making
· Verbal and non-verbal communication
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
Knowledge of the operations of a steel plant will be advantageous.
· N3 with Trade Certificate in Fitting.
· This position is directly responsible to the Foreman – BOF and Ladle Bay.
· Must be able to obtain a satisfactory medical report from the company’s medical station
· May be required to work additional hours from time to time.
· Must have own transport and required license.
· Applicants may be subjected to an Occupational Personality Questionnaire before being
considered for an appointment.
· That the reference number of this advertisement is quoted on your application form.
· That copies of all the qualifications referred to on your application form, are submitted.
· Internal Applicants:
· Please note that no one will be promoted unless they have attended the Safety Training
Course (Reference: Policy 7.H3 and CEO’s Monthly Brief for April 2005), and found
competent in all three levels of this safety training.
· External Applicants:
· Please attach a copy of your most recent payslip. We regret we cannot consider any
applications received without this information.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; however correspondence will only be
entered into with short listed candidates.
CLOSING DATE 15 October 2013
Applications must be routed to the Human Resources Division – Room 2.
Facsimile number: 086 649 7505
E-mail: [email protected]
JOB TITLE : ARTISAN – FITTER
DIVISION : PMD STEEL PLANT
REF. NO. : INT EXT ADD 10 DM PMD STP
LEVEL : 05/06