Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Africa offers one of the most challenging and exciting mobile and economic landscapes in the world. Facebook is looking to hire an additional Client Partner in Africa, to grow its lean team with a top caliber candidate who can help lead client verticals in Sub-Saharan Africa (particularly in West Africa). This full-time role will report into the head of Sub-Saharan Africa and be based in South Africa with travel to clients in line with needs. The ideal candidate will be a CEO, VP or equivalent senior executive who has extensive commercial and media experience and be able earn the trust of the largest advertisers and take them through Africa’s digital landscape – driving business results that matter to our clients. The role will be part of the foundation of Facebook’s commercial team in Africa and can open up an array of opportunities for the right candidate.
- Drive up Facebook’s share of the marketing mix for key clients by shifting C-level thinking on Digital in Africa
- Creating from scratch and managing Africa wide partnership agreements and deals with key brands
- Act as the spokesperson for Facebook at key industry events
- Actively participate in the Africa team and global teams where appropriate, embracing company culture, mission, and strategy
- Drive overall operational efficiency across sales, marketing and business operations
- Develop, retain and motivate existing team while recruiting for new members and continually raising the bar for talent and capabilities
- Engaging with Legal, Measurement, Product, PR and an array of internal and external partners to help drive results
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on sales and revenue performance by actively managing the pipeline of opportunities and weekly sales forecasts.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred
- Existing network & experience in West Africa, particularly Nigeria & Ghana
- 10+ years relevant experience in commerce, marketing, sales and management
- Flexibility to travel & spend time with clients face-to-face in addition to excellence in driving relationships & business using communications technology. Stellar hands-on industry leader and communicator who thrives in a team environment
- Strong understanding of traditional & digital landscapes, including performance marketing Proven and consistent track record of executing against aggressive growth strategies and delivering sales targets in excess of company expectations
- Personal network in place with regional C Level executives in the agency and client ecosystems.