Faurecia is the 6th largest international automotive parts manufacturer in the world; in 2013 it was #1 for vehicle interiors and emission control technology. One in four automobiles is equipped by Faurecia
Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
“Technical Perfection and automotive passion” is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
“Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth.”
Faurecia Interior Systems South Africa is looking for a Program Manager, to be based in our Pretoria plant.
The Program Manager is responsible for leading the program in all aspects, from program award (or “Request For Quotation Approval” [RFQA] in some cases) until 6 months after Start of Production. He/she is the guarantor of customer satisfaction in conjunction with the achievement of program Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives, while ensuring profitability throughout the entire program lifecycle. The main missions of the role are to:
- Develop strong relationships and manage the ongoing negotiations with the customer as the official Faurecia representative.
- Prepare and submit the RFQA to Management if relevant.
- Liaise with the Program Controller, build the initial Business Plan, define the Program investment scheme, and release investments in compliance with controlling procedures; take economical responsibility for all deviations from initial requirements.
- Launch and monitor the Program : track progress by updating Business Plan, Program Dashboard and Budget Reports, and by leading reviews of program steps and results.
- Conduct Risk/Opportunity analyses, and develop and implement appropriate action plans.
- Arbitrate any conflicts with the customer on financial and/or technical issues.
- Staff, manage and co-ordinate a cross-functional program team (Sales, Controlling, Purchasing, Quality, Production, Supply Chain, Product&Process engineering), and define team members’ objectives and assignments.
- Create a “Program Management culture” by ensuring processes defined in the Faurecia Program Management System (PMS) are applied at all steps, and by developing synergies between all actors involved in the program.
- Organise communications throughout the program lifecycle.
- Ensure smooth program transfer from Development Centre to Production Plant.
- Organise key program information to ensure Program continuity and to contribute to knowledge management.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in engineering
- Minimum 4-7 years of job experience (in an industrial environment and/or with product experience a plus)
- Minimum 3-5 years of project experience (ideally within Faurecia)
- Results orientation
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Conflict management skills : ability to prevent and solve conflicts
- Ability to work in a matrixed organisation
- Good knowledge of PMS-Process
- Good knowledge of Program standards, tools and methods
- Fluent in English and in the customer language
- Ability to establish, develop, lead and unite a team
- Strong financial knowledge (incl. building and following a Business Plan)
- Problem solving techniques
- Strategic and analytic capabilities
- Planning and organizing abilities