Posted on :
14 Aug, 2014
14 Aug, 2014
A position has become available for a legal and commercial manager, based in Rivonia who must have a thorough understanding of the IT market, to provide effective legal advice and support to all stakeholders within Fujitsu.
• Qualified as a South African lawyer (University law degree) or equivalent business qualification. In case of qualification as lawyer admitted to practice as a lawyer in the relevant jurisdiction;
• At least seven (7) years of practical legal and commercial experience in an international context, either as in-house legal or in a law firm;
• Strong communication, negotiation, presentation and English language skills;
• Ability to translate impact of negotiated terms on risks to delivery.
As a Legal and Commercial manager you will be responsible for the following :
• To provide legal and commercial support in particular to the sales region of South Africa, but also for other regions in certain instances, with a thorough understanding of the market;
• Responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating legal and contractual risk both internally and externally;
• Responsibility for potentially high exposure projects and commercial activities in that area, e.g. contract drafting, negotiations, claim and contract management;
• Support in the management and negotiation of claims and change requests for ongoing contracts.
• Drafting and maintaining contractual templates for the business.
• Responsible for managing internal risk and compliance which encompasses ensuring internal policies, approvals and business assurance compliance relating to mitigating and managing risk.
• Taking a leading role in ensuring good corporate governance and compliance
Constant interaction with business partners, stakeholders including external experts and legal counsel
• Responsible for Company Secretariat functions, including advisory to the Board of Directors, updating registers, lodging statutory documents, taking minutes of Board meetings, drafting director and shareholder resolutions and ensuring that the Group of companies comply with statutory obligations in accordance with the Companies Act of 2008
• Responsible for Corporate Governance training to the Board of Directors (should the need arise) as well as members of the management team.
• Risk analysis, mitigation and management
• Commercial deal making
• Contract lifecycle management
• Effective communications
• Thinking strategically
• Achieving together
• Drive for results
• Making an impact
NB: When applying – please take note of the minimum requirements i.e. Qualifications and number of years’ experience.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. Fujitsu is an equal opportunity employer.