Posted on :
23 Apr, 2010
23 Apr, 2010
GE South Africa is one of the largest manufacturers of major appliances in the world, producing Monogram, GE Profile and many more brands. GE South Africa recruits MEA Indirect Tax Manager
There is a potential this position can be located in Kenya.
* Provide support to MEA Corporate Tax Leader/Business Tax Directors and team in respect of new acquisitions, reorganizations and historical challenges in the region.
* Develop and perform a proactive program of Indirect Tax reviews for all GE businesses with a MEA Indirect Tax presence/need, prioritized according to business need and/or risk. These reviews will assess Indirect Tax compliance capabilities of each business (including adequate documentation), technical issues and will also seek to identify potential savings. Particular attention to be paid to Corporate entities.
* Provide support to the GEII/GBS organization as it rolls out its global compliance project – including the Base-Line pack and other best practices.
* Provide support to the Corporate VAT/GST team in the development and roll-out of Indirect Tax tools across the MEA region – in particular the VAT Return Tool for the GEII/GBS organization where appropriate.
* Provide on request expert technical advice to any GE business.
* Closely monitor changes to MEA Indirect Tax legislation in order to evaluate their impact on GE’s businesses
* Where possible, act as the primary GE Indirect Tax contact point with the MEA tax authorities.
* Develop a program to ensure that GE is able to more effectively have an input into proposed Indirect Tax legislation in the MEA region – actively representing GE on such groups that are deemed appropriate.
* Keep businesses informed of Indirect Tax developments that impact on their activities.
* Develop technical material for use in GE’s web-based Indirect Tax resources.
* Maintain and develop links with external Indirect Tax resources (legal, accounting, business and trade groups) with a view to identifying cost reduction possibilities, establishing ‘best’ practices, and sharing of information on Indirect Tax matters affecting GE.
* With the VAT/GST Operations Leader in the UK, responsible for ensuring the efficient co-ordination of the activities of any MEA Indirect Tax Operations team in line with local/regional objectives, when such team has been created.
* Responsible for providing technical guidance to the MEA Indirect Tax Operations specialists when required, and also help provide strategic guidance on the development of the MEA Indirect Tax Operations team and its role.
* Attend regular meetings with Corporate VAT/GST team to update on developments, share ideas and develop new opportunities.
* Arrange occasional discussions with business VAT/GST/Indirect Tax Managers to gain an update on developments within their business, share ideas and refine agreement on division of responsibilities between MEA and business Indirect Tax Managers.
* This position will be part of the Global VAT/GST team with dotted line responsibility to the Global VAT/GST Director.
* Bachelors Degree Required.
* 7 – 10 years relevant GST experience.
* Prior working experience in a big 4 accounting firm or local tax office.
* Working knowledge of and use of ERP systems.
* Self-starter and ability to work autonomously
* Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence peers and senior managers
* Strong organizational skills – ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Experience working in a matrix managed environment
* Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ability to work in ambiguous situations.
How to Apply:
Select South Africa and click search, Apply online