At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our “healthymagination” vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for selling GE Healthcare products or services to and maintaining relationships with existing named accounts including large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts. Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth, as well sales experience as an expert in the field will be necessary to execute the job (for LifeSciences – responsible selling into both Academic and Pharmaceuticals).
- Prospecting for new customers and business in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio, and qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales
- Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, planning customer meetings, and demonstrating capabilities on assigned products in assigned territory
- Sales negotiation and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, but also department heads and CXO level personnel
- Expected to sell point of sale service contracts, financing and drive margin though selling value and holding price
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge of GE and competitive products
- Achieve annual and quarterly achievement of multiple order and revenue targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting, by prioritizing selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration and complete territory coverage
- Maintaining satisfactory after-sale relationships and development of long-term customer relationships coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs
- Develop account penetration strategies for key target and competitive accounts and communicating current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
- Providing leadership in market analysis and development/execution of strategies and action plans to drive product sales
- Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous Healthcare high-end capital equipment sales experience or LifeScience or Pharma
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to analyze customer data and develop financially sound sales offers
- 7+ years of demonstrated selling skills including customer presentations, price quoting, closing and growing a sales territory
- Proven executive (CX0) relationship building skills in a hospital/healthcare environment
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
- Strong communication and clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple message
- At least one of the following core experiences: 4+ years of consultative sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation, Graduate of a GE Commercial Leadership Program, 5+ years GEHC experience in customer facing role(s), or 5+ years in progressively larger formal leadership roles working in a complex technical environment
- Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business need.
- To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record.
Job Number: 1727855
Business: GE Healthcare
Business Segment: Healthcare Medical Diagnostics
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Client Account and Affiliate Origination and Management
Location: South Africa
Postal Code: 1685
Relocation Assistance: No
How to Apply for Account Manager Vacancy
Click on the “Apply Now” link at the very end of this advert to apply online