General Electric (GE) GE South African Technologies (GESAT), GE Transportation’s entity in South Africa, is seeking to appoint a CFO to form a key part of the leadership team. In this role you will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives, integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, and be involved in long-term planning.
Job Number: 1201873
Function: Finance – Functional Management
Business: GE Technology Infrastructure – Transportation
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Midrand, South Africa
- This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise.
- Serve as a business partner to the operating team to drive business initiatives, growth, and profitability
- Partner with technical/business leaders and staff to drive operating performance and act as champion for cost optimization, productivity, inventory accuracy & utilization, as well as inventory standard settings
- Develop estimates, operating plans / forecasts / reviews / reports (GAAP), Growth Playbook (3-year plan) and SII (1-year plan)
- Develop and establish financial policies& procedures
- Perform internal/external audit.
- Ensure controllership and consistency of accounting process across the operations, drive controllership awareness and processes through operations teams and ensures finance compliance
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited four year university or college
Experienced in public accounting in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Chartered Accountant
- Experienced in managing statutory books
- Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
- Demonstrated team leadership ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- PC proficiency
- Established analytical and project management ability
Apply for this job